Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to give some kudos to Ignacy Trzewiczek and the Portal Games team for turning Grant Rodiek loose in the forums and on video. This kind of openness is growing increasingly rare among publishers and it's refreshing to see the designer answering questions, interacting with fans and discussing various gameplay elements.

So :claphands: and :highfive: to the entire Cry Havoc team on a job well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I've really soured on FFG because of their silence to everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I'd like to give some kudos to Ignacy Trzewiczek and the Portal Games team for turning Grant Rodiek loose in the forums and on video. This kind of openness is growing increasingly rare among publishers and it's refreshing to see the designer answering questions, interacting with fans and discussing various gameplay elements.

So :claphands: and :highfive: to the entire Cry Havoc team on a job well done!

To be fair, I'm not sure that Ignacy could slow Grant down if he tried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We Playthrough
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Vacabck wrote:
To be fair, I'm not sure that Ignacy could slow Grant down if he tried.

Ignacy could slow down a hungry teenager at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

I've seen him do it. Maybe. Or maybe that was a dream snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I agree - I much prefer Grant's effervescent scattershot to the overly stylised FFG offerings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
msg tools
mbmbmb
Alex Brown wrote:
I agree - I much prefer Grant's effervescent scattershot to the overly stylised FFG offerings.

Grant is the Mentos® to a 2-liter of Portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad_Ash wrote:
Alex Brown wrote:

Grant is the Mentos® to a 2-liter of Portal.

Grant did a great and fun interview a few weeks back on the WDYPTW podcast, and is really active on Twitter too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
God I'm super excited for this game!

Is it wrong that I'm Already hoping for expansions? Does that make me spoiled? Portal does have a good history releasing expansions, although slowly.....but we'll balanced so I'll give them that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I have no comment at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nicholson
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:

I have no comment at this time.

Aka another 4 factions on the way with more maps?

...you got plenty of work to do Grant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I didn't even think about more maps. Just Factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

Possibilities are limitless. We just need to launch this first one well, have it well received. I'd love to work on this game for four more years. Hell, ten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

Possibilities are limitless. We just need to launch this first one well, have it well received. I'd love to work on this game for four more years. Hell, ten.

But will there be a futuristic Viking faction? That's all I want to know right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

But will there be a futuristic Viking faction? That's all I want to know right now.

Die

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
msg tools
mbmbmb
Factions and maps are the obvious expansion ideas, but why not a new battle board? It could offer Allies (other factions join the fight), Treaty/Negotiation (give/take terms for next turn), Sabotage (retreating but devastating the region so it can't produce/earn anything for the victor- only good for staging/position).

I think I had another idea or two the other day but I'm sure the design team have plenty of original ideas to work with.

I do wonder how much the promo Objective cards may impact the final scores. I'm okay with a boost but don't want them to create a huge gap, but clearly they are optional use.

And how many other variations exist for Tactics card expansions? Were the play tests chock full of additional unique ideas that are also balanced and fun that they could surface later on? People will likely be dreaming up their own custom tactics after one play...I think that needs its own thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad_Ash wrote:
Factions and maps are the obvious expansion ideas, but why not a new battle board? It could offer Allies (other factions join the fight), Treaty/Negotiation (give/take terms for next turn), Sabotage (retreating but devastating the region so it can't produce/earn anything for the victor- only good for staging/position).

I think I had another idea or two the other day but I'm sure the design team have plenty of original ideas to work with.

I do wonder how much the promo Objective cards may impact the final scores. I'm okay with a boost but don't want them to create a huge gap, but clearly they are optional use.

And how many other variations exist for Tactics card expansions? Were the play tests chock full of additional unique ideas that are also balanced and fun that they could surface later on? People will likely be dreaming up their own custom tactics after one play...I think that needs its own thread.

We've been working on the game for 4 years. There are a billion discarded cards, tactics, buildings, and ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

It's already well received, best get working :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

It's already well received, best get working

People hyped doesn't equal people buying! Talk to us in October
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

It's already well received, best get working :)

People hyped doesn't equal people buying! Talk to us in October :D

You must underestimate Vasel's influence :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Vacabck wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

Die

shake

SOoooo, they are undead vikings from the future!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Bad_Ash wrote:

We've been working on the game for 4 years. There are a billion discarded cards, tactics, buildings, and ideas

Sounds awesome Grant. I'm fairly certain that you and Ignacy have a hit on your hands, can't wait to see what the future holds for Cry Havoc!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
msg tools
mbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:

SOoooo, they are undead vikings from the future!!

And they apparently got to Mars before the rest of the factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Yep, I've really soured on FFG because of their silence to everything.

In fairness FFG is no longer FFG; its Asmodee, and Asmodee is no longer Asmodee...its Asmodee mega corporate when they were bought out. I suspect most of the customer service we grew found of will be long gone of the companies that have been bought out. I think they will still have acceptable customer service, just not amazing and personal customer service. I hope I am wrong but only time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.