The Hotness has gone cold...
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 120.79

7,270 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.8% of Goal | left

Support:

J Gonz
msg tools

The card's text is "Coordinate Draw a card." Am I reading the card right? The card's only use is to draw another card when you coordinate with another player, right?

I played the first movie solo and got stuck with 4 of these in the HQ. I decided to recruit a couple of these cards because they are cheap and they have the blue symbol, allowing them to combo with Blain's draw 2, discard 2 ability. I figured I could use Blain's ability to ditch the two cards and draw new ones... which was not really an efficient combo.

Anyone playing solo find a use for this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The coordinate keyword allows you to coordinate this card with another player if you want to, but any other powers on the card will activate whether you play the card normally on your own turn, or for the other player if you coordinate. In other words, the "draw a card" will activate if you play the card on your own turn too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
As explained you get all effects of a coordinate card even if you play it on your turn, it just allows you to allow someone else to play it on their turn.

THOUGH, that specific card on your turn is only replacing itself with another card in your deck. It really is more useful on someone else's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Gonz
msg tools
Lol. Thanks! That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It gives you a Leadership and the Team icon and a Mac card basically for free. Not so bad, depending on the deck type you build. Plus if some nasty effect makes you discard or kill such a card, it is not such a big loss than something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that it's not, "Coordinate: Draw a Card," it's two separate things, "Coordinate," and "Draw a Card".

So it's basically a card that allows you to draw a card, and also get the benefit from the class and team icons for activating other cards.

The "Coordinate" word is just telling you, "Oh, by the way. You can make this card available to other players on their turn if you want. You're playing solo? Never mind."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.