$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 81.58

5,453 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: What character sheet do you use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been using one sheet, and I like it, but it has gear split onto two pages. I found another one that was laid out better, but it was only one page.. and therefore didnt have enough room.

What character sheet do you use?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently using the printed ones that you could buy with the Kickstarter. I've seen kultz, and they're very well done, but I think I want to design ones that uses no pencils, just cards and tokens. I now have cards for money, tokens for XP, cards for store items, tokens for increased stats, cards for Mutations, etc. I pretty much don't need to write anything down, so long as I have a spot for everything, so I was thinking I might piece together something that utilized that.

-shnar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw one earlier that does exactly that. I think it's called (creator's name) player mat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim de Groot
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a 1 page character sheet with a good, and fluffy, layout. Using the booklet now, and like it, but for it being 4 pages and I have to flip through them during the adventure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the extended sheet from Klutz's Character Booklet file page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to use the iPad/Android app if it is ever fixed. For now we use the character sheet mentioned earlier, printed 11 by 17.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Over on the kickstarter comments Brian Aslin posted a link to some sheets that he made, they are really nice, compact, and keep the artwork.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9NWr5KCMuZ-V0dLc1VY...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are using "All you need..." RPG style character sheets from arnora21, printed on thick paper to allow for plenty of erasing/rewriting. They are really great, and I can´t imagine playing without them:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/111081/all-you-need-play-...

For gold, we are using the great new markers that look like poker chips from the Caverns of Cynder expansion. For XP, we are using proper poker chips. This is speeding up gameplay a lot, compared to the constant micro management of writing these changes down.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njep wrote:
Over on the kickstarter comments Brian Aslin posted a link to some sheets that he made, they are really nice, compact, and keep the artwork.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9NWr5KCMuZ-V0dLc1VY...

These are nice, almost what I was thinking about. I'll print a couple of these up for our game this weekend and see what the group thinks.

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use this one: Extended Character Sheet

It's one of the first, as we got our game early, and we haven't bothered changing. I've looked at other sheets from time to time, but we're used to these.

They're perfect - there are a few things that don't have a place, but I haven't seen one that has everything I want in a layout I like yet so I haven't tried a new one yet. For things it doesn't have a spot for (ie move bonus, temporary buffs, carry capacity), I just use the margin or top of the page.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use one of my own making that is similar to/based on another one I found on here. I rearranged some things to make it flow a bit better in my mind. I have them printed out front and back of 8.5x11 cardstock sheets to allow some increased durability in the face of lots of erasing. I also keep running tallies of money and xp on a separate, small note pad. After the mission and town visit, I make updates to those numbers once on the character sheets.

It's a little fiddly but most of the time I play on a relatively small surface, so I need to conserve space wherever possible. Having to lay out all the cards for everything was overwhelming the space and reduced the ability to find the same artifacts more than once.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snardo wrote:
... reduced the ability to find the same artifacts more than once.

Well... they're artifacts. Should you be able to find them more than one?

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Snardo wrote:
... reduced the ability to find the same artifacts more than once.

Well... they're artifacts. Should you be able to find them more than one?

-shnar


Depends on the artifact. Some are just artifacts because they are technology from another world.
There's almost certainly a weapons locker somewhere in the multiverse with like, 10 trun disintegrators in it.
And there are definitely tons of barracks with dozens of trederran pistols in them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
shnar wrote:
Snardo wrote:
... reduced the ability to find the same artifacts more than once.

Well... they're artifacts. Should you be able to find them more than one?

-shnar


Depends on the artifact. Some are just artifacts because they are technology from another world.
There's almost certainly a weapons locker somewhere in the multiverse with like, 10 trun disintegrators in it.
And there are definitely tons of barracks with dozens of trederran pistols in them.


I think the TRUN disintegrators should be like the Silver Swords of the Githyanki. Imagine a TRUN posse rolling into town, when you're chilling at the Saloon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
We use this one: Extended Character Sheet

It's one of the first, as we got our game early, and we haven't bothered changing. I've looked at other sheets from time to time, but we're used to these.

They're perfect - there are a few things that don't have a place, but I haven't seen one that has everything I want in a layout I like yet so I haven't tried a new one yet. For things it doesn't have a spot for (ie move bonus, temporary buffs, carry capacity), I just use the margin or top of the page.


That's the one I use, and for the same reasons you stated.

I wish the lines were a little bigger -- I've never filled up the whole gear/equipment list, and I have trouble writing that small. But I'm used to these sheets, so I don't want to change.

And you're right -- move bonus and carrying capacity are the most notable omissions. Big margins though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's the one I've been using too.
I don't like the omissions, and that the gear is split onto two pages.
I think I'm going to switch to Matthew's record everything character sheet, well one that I slightly rearranged so it flows better IMO.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I modified and took bits and pieces from some of the sheets found here in the SoB BGG forums (sorry, I honestly can't remember who's parts I ended up using, but they are truly appreciated!). I ended up using them to front end a FileMaker database for my character sheets.

I'm still fine tuning the database, but I keep all my hero records in it, mark up a printed copy during play, and then update the database and reprint if needed after a game or when I level someone up (adding skills and items etc)

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scooter,

I'm using the ones I mentioned earlier. I slap some of this one them

https://www.amazon.com/Duck-1115496-Laminate-Adhesive-12-Inc...

and use a wet erase marker. Super duper reuse/update-ability. The wet erase marker is the key. I grabbed the vis a vis fine tip. The laminate is quite nice considering how cheap and thick it is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.