6 Posts

Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Let's ask for more already! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Falenthal Greenleaf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will we see a Cthulhu version, with the Old Ones as final bosses, and Arkham as Sprawl City?

And Middle-Earth, with Rivendell in the center and the Minions (Balrog, Witch-King, Gothmog, Mouth of Sauron, Black Serpent, ...) plotting against the heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falenthal wrote:
When will we see a Cthulhu version, with the Old Ones as final bosses, and Arkham as Sprawl City?

And Middle-Earth, with Rivendell in the center and the Minions (Balrog, Witch-King, Gothmog, Mouth of Sauron, Black Serpent, ...) plotting against the heroes?

Well, I’m obviously a million miles away from possessing the Middle Earth IP (although it’s one of my biggest fantasy influences), but there may be some Cthulhu-inspired demons appearing in the game.
And I am currently working on a horror adventure game called Sublime Dark that, whilst not Cthulhu-themed, is bleak as hell. Teasers here: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/40745/sublime-dark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Joseph (Jam) Ibanez III
Philippines
Taguig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Falenthal wrote:

Well, I’m obviously a million miles away from possessing the Middle Earth IP (although it’s one of my biggest fantasy influences), but there may be some Cthulhu-inspired demons appearing in the game.
And I am currently working on a horror adventure game called Sublime Dark that, whilst not Cthulhu-themed, is bleak as hell. Teasers here: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/40745/sublime-dark

Take mah moneeeeh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jambb4l wrote:
Take mah moneeeeh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falenthal Greenleaf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

Well, I’m obviously a million miles away from possessing the Middle Earth IP (although it’s one of my biggest fantasy influences)

You should talk to Cubicle 7, the publishers of The One Ring RPG

Gloom of Kilforth might very well be adapted to regions, in fact:
Wilderland, with Lake-town in the center and the Gloom/Shadow coming out of Dol Guldur.
Eriador, with Rivendell in the center and Angmar rising.
Gondor, with Minas Tirith and Barad-dûr.
Rohan, with Edoras and Isengard.

Yeah, miles away thinking reallistically... but did you think reallistic when embarking on the Gloom of Kilforth Kickstarter? ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falenthal wrote:
Yeah, miles away thinking reallistically... but did you think reallistic when embarking on the Gloom of Kilforth Kickstarter? ;P

Haha, touché. But seriously, I think Fantasy Flight Games would have something to say if I tried to edge in on their ME territory. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.