11 Posts

Zombie Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Frustration With Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I wonder how many people get frustrated with lots of board games rules not being explained properly.I normally find there is usually always something where you are left wondering if you are doing it right or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmb
If you have troubles with the rules, just open a new thread with the question here - I'm sure lots of people can offer you help.

But if you really want some rules frustration, try playing Advanced Squad Leader meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes glad I found this site just joined.I think that sometimes game makers could a take a bit more time with the rules.Thanks Ron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmb
Welcome, Alex! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly did you find frustrating in these rules ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Ron. Some games in general when the rules I think could be made clearer.Hence this site where people are asking to clarify rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree with OP in general, I don't think it applies to Zombie Dice, which is a extremely simple game with simple rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Torben. I do agree with you. Zombie dice is easy. Example the end of the instructions it says finish the round if it just added so all players get an equal turn it would be clear.Reading through the posts other people have been playing it wrong but thanks to this site it makes it clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there is the question of where to draw the line.

Of course you could explain again and again what a round is, what a turn is, etc. in every game. But some general knowledge is always implied in rule books and they only go into more detail when the game works differently from the majority of other games (e.g. a game with a time track would describe how it works differently from a traditional turn/round system).

"Finish the current round" is very common in rule books, as is the opposite "each player gets one more turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes fully agree Torben.When I reviewed the game before buying it on various sites it was about 50-50 split some were saying example in a 4 player game when someone triggers 13 brains everyone else gets a shot at beating it and others the correct one saying finish the round so it's equal throws.Thanks for your advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree with the OP that the ZD rules are frustrating, thankfully there is only a few paragraphs of them.

For me, I thought it was very unclear what role the feet play. We decided to interpret it as: you can keep re-rolling until you have 3+ feet or shotgun blasts. On 3+ feet, score your brains. On 3+ blasts, score nothing. Of course, the player may stop re-rolling sooner if they wish.

Ignore all that. Somebody set me straight in another thread. Woot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.