Subject: Lairs and Hospitals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My 10 year old came up with the cunning idea of putting a lair in each of the three cities next to hospitals, the idea being that newly recovered hunters come straight out of hospital into a -presumably well stocked with nasties- lair at a time when they have no items or events to aid in the defence.

I have no idea if this is a good idea, but it sounds nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could work, but:

1) The cities with hospitals are quite far away from each other so it will take a while for Dracula to get to all three of it.

2) The Hunters can (and they should) draw Item cards in the hospital before they move out.

But it is enough if Dracula does it with the closest hospital. For example if he is in Eastern Europe with Hunters on his tail then it is enough to set up Budapest that way, the other two hospitals do not matter anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua F

New Hampshire
msg tools
mb
gasha1 wrote:
My 10 year old came up with the cunning idea of putting a lair in each of the three cities next to hospitals, the idea being that newly recovered hunters come straight out of hospital into a -presumably well stocked with nasties- lair at a time when they have no items or events to aid in the defence.

I have no idea if this is a good idea, but it sounds nasty.

I like the way your 10 yro thinks! It's unlikely anyone could pull it off w/ all 3 locations in one game as they are so far apart, but the concept is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Nagypapi wrote:
It could work, but:

1) The cities with hospitals are quite far away from each other so it will take a while for Dracula to get to all three of it.

2) The Hunters can (and they should) draw Item cards in the hospital before they move out.

But it is enough if Dracula does it with the closest hospital. For example if he is in Eastern Europe with Hunters on his tail then it is enough to set up Budapest that way, the other two hospitals do not matter anyway.

The hospital is a distinctly different location that the city it is attached to, so I don't think you are allowed to supply at the hospital. You must move to the city and then you may supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
COMaestro wrote:
Nagypapi wrote:
It could work, but:

The hospital is a distinctly different location that the city it is attached to, so I don't think you are allowed to supply at the hospital. You must move to the city and then you may supply.

See the reference guide on page 9. When on a hospital space a hunter has the following options.

Quote:
» Supply: The hunter may perform a supply action to draw
one item card. He always draws one item card but cannot
draw an event card.
» Move: The hunter may move from the hospital to the city
attached to that hospital.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Ah. Well color me corrected then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.