Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm setting up a 5 player game session with a group that has not played Concordia. I, however, have played it. How does a 5 player of this game on the Britannia map "feel" as compared to a 4 player on the original map?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Britannia would be a VERY confrontational game with five people, as it's a map designed for two.

However, Germania is really fun with five - rivers are an interesting mechanic, the map is still tight despite being larger, but the roman fortifications really help give people a little boost if they want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd stick to the Imperium map for five with new players, myself. Germania is interesting, but the forts and the rivers complicate things a bit for beginning players. Britannia would be super cramped.

For new players, I'd use the Byzantium map from Concordia: Salsa (with Salt but without the Forum) more readily than Germania.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Just pick one of the maps with the most Regions/Cities. For a tighter game pick one with fewer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spiegel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Britannia map is bonkers with 5p (in a good way). It's actually my favorite map for 5 players as it gets so congested quickly forcing players to load up on cash as the price to build will soar.

The other maps like Germania and Imperium are great at 5p too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.