Subject: still october for [part] release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is it still October for the release of the game ?[part 2 to follow later I know]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just today appeared a post in the S&S KS comments section from ares:

ares wrote:
... Gremlins delivered a few days ago all the items required to get you playing Act I, which was our first goal. And essentially ALL the heroes. They are still at work on some of the smaller KS items (especially if they are just small sets of cards) and the "software" component of Act II and Side Quests. They are very serious about playtesting! But we have all we need to get you playing - without figures :-(

The main issue at this point is completing the molds - especially monster molds. The fact that all figures are multi-part models, and that each model has multiple poses, increased the number of molds and their complexity significantly in comparison to previous projects.

To give you an idea - 4 monsters in the core set of Galaxy Defenders were normally 4 cavities (most monsters being 1 piece or 2 pieces at most).

4 monsters in the core set of S&S (including all parts required for variants) are 31 cavities

This 8x increase in complexity means much more amazing figures. But the flip side of this, there was a LOT more time spent on finding the right way to engineer the molds; more time to create the resin masters, and to find the optimal cuts to keep the number of parts on each model reasonable; and, overall, much more time to get the actual production of the molds started.

All molds are in progress now - but not ready yet, and the current schedule from the factory gives us the injection shots ("molds done and to be approved") of most molds on August, 20th.

This means we cannot start mass production before the end of August (in the best case scenario - molds approved immediately, or almost immediately). This still gives us a chance to ship your rewards in Q42016, so news are still moderately good (or moderately bad, depending on how you look at them...) We'll keep you updated as we move forward (and will share with you more photos and images to show you the progress we've done).

tl;dr
Q4 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo for multiple pose stretch goal! Not a big deal though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's understandable and to be expected whenever so many models and sculpts are involved. I don't expect to get the until Q1 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Ares is amazing company, I'd rather wait longer to get a better product

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sure me too, but couldn't this be anticipated? It is weird for me if they only find that out now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
Boo for multiple pose stretch goal! Not a big deal though

I agree I'm a bit more worried about the boxing question. IIRC, during the campaign there was talk about giving us two boxes, one for the standard game and one for all the extras (Act II, Vastaryous Lair and whatnot). Now, however,

Ares on KS wrote:
we will make room in the first box to fit all the rest. The 2nd wave product is going to be a small parcel with booklets and cards only.

I just hope this refers to the packaging box rather than the gamebox. Because otherwise, some of us'd be left with a lot of stuff with no storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd rather wait and get a great game then have the work rushed. They've got a good track record, I'm not concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Killian
South Africa
Port Elizabeth
flag msg tools
I'm happy to wait for a better game. I have plenty of games to keep me busy. Won't deny game looks awesome so worth the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jari H.
Finland
Satakunta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep will rather wait for good game than rushed. Also i would like to get all in 1 shipment rather than in 2, but... i want to play soon as possible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a late backer or whatever it's called (I managed to order via the website some weeks after the KS finished), so I don't receive any updates from the KS.

Are there any KS updates? Would be great if someone could post them here for us post-KS-backers.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:
I'm a late backer or whatever it's called (I managed to order via the website some weeks after the KS finished), so I don't receive any updates from the KS.

Are there any KS updates? Would be great if someone could post them here for us post-KS-backers.

Thanks

You know you can still view the updates on the Kickstarter page, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Norbert666 wrote:

Thanks

You know you can still view the updates on the Kickstarter page, right?

I did not! I assumed that was all for backers eyes only. I'll go take a look.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Talbot
msg tools
As a late backer, Ares have been emailing me the KS updates directly from one of their own email addresses as I don't get the ones via Kickstarter. Might be worth checking your spam folders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dw229820 wrote:
As a late backer, Ares have been emailing me the KS updates directly from one of their own email addresses as I don't get the ones via Kickstarter. Might be worth checking your spam folders?

I ordered via their website and not through KS. Is that classed as a late backer? No updates in my junk folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Talbot
msg tools
Yes I think so. Not 100% though. I think I backed on their website via the link on the Kickstarter page. It was a while ago.

Did you get an order confirmation etc?

Edit: The updates have been coming from their customer care email address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I've seen, any kind of 'late backer' option is never run through Kickstarter. So its a safe bet that the two of you used the same method for 'late backer'ing (that's a word right?whistle)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
I received my confirmation email and it was indeed in my junk mail. I haven't received any updates however. I would love to know if they are still on track. Gloomhaven is coming out soon, and if its going to be pushed back until next year, I might have to dial back my pledge and get that for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Talbot
msg tools
Yeah, it was through the Ares website but the link to it was somewhere on the KS campaign page I think (this was many months ago so all a bit hazy).

I had just assumed that people who pledged late in this was were just added to an email database to be sent the updates at the same time as the KS ones come out (actually the emails usually come through a day or so later than the updates go up)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.