BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: Cat Obsession - My Family Card Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin McCormick
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Ok, so if the title doesn't get you... here is my idea for this game that I made for my family. (Just looking for interest, if any here.)

So I made this card game many months ago where you are trying NOT to become the Crazy Cat Person in the game. (Cat Obsession) There are Kittens of different kinds in the deck, and the object is to NOT collect them. If you get a set of them, you must keep them and lay them aside. After so many Kittens or sets, the game is over and you become "Cat Obsessed".

Other power cards in the game allow you to trade, buy, give away, or sell cards while also attempting to get rid of Kittens so you don't end up with Sets. (While also trying to steal the other player's power cards) There are also Event cards that pop up that are unavoidable like, finding a cat in a tree, the local pet shop has a cat sale (in which is tough to avoid for "cat lovers"), and other cards which make you and others draw cards.

The game also has a recycling deck mechanic in which there is no discard pile. Since there are plenty of Kittens in the deck, this forces them to keep coming out, more and more until the game ends.

I know that the game is not perfect, but at the moment, I am happy with how it runs. My family has played it, and they do enjoy the shenanigans that can happen.

Tell me what you think of it. Oh, and if you don't like cats... it's ok. The mechanics could works for other ideas. Thank you all, and God Bless!

-Justin McCormick-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who grew up with too many cats around most of the time, I like it. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellie Edland

Iowa
msg tools
I know this is an old post but I stumbled upon it and just really wanted to say that I think it sounds like a lot of fun. I love animals in general and I feel like themes like this are hard to come by (at least on these forums as far as I can tell, having only been here a short amount of time).

Do you have any art or maybe a PnP for me to look at? I feel like your game would be a fun one to play with family on game nights

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.