Hide
3 Posts

Fief: France 1429» Forums » General

Subject: Lightly damaged parts, what do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leif Pettersen
msg tools
I took the game with me in a trip and being vertically and whatnot in the suitcase didn't do the game any good since some stuff tends to get loose within the box. Even though no great damage was done, there were a couple of things. I'll add a link with pictures at the end of the post.

The edges of one of the board sides seems to be coming off (not sure if this is the correct term) and it seems to be possible to use a bit of tube glue (the dry kind) but i am hesitant to do it before asking more experienced board game owners.

The other thing is Charles' card, it got caught at the side of the plastic divider and bent over by the board itself. I was going to buy some sleeves, but i guess i should have done it earlier. Now it looks like what you can see in the link bellow. What I try to do is trade it with whichever lord is drawn in the first turn, so that he doesn't sit in the draw pile and reveals himself. But ideally i'd like to get a new card (seems like the only way to "fix" it), so i was thinking of printing it, you guys think it will look too off? Even after I get the sleeves?

Oh, and another thing, I've seen some people got some foam pieces and made "organizers" for the box out of those. Should I just get random pieces of foam and glue them together in the way I want or can I get something customized already? If not, any tips on how to make it? Keeping in mind that I have all the expansions available, including all the buildings, coins, etc.

Link to Charles' card: http://imgur.com/a/pKnQV
Link to board: http://imgur.com/a/x8Ins

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trygve E. Rosenvinge
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would contact Academy Games about it, and ask for a replacement card, or request to purchase a replacement deck. The game is still in print and they probably have spare parts for this sort of thing. I don't know about Academy Games in particular, but most board game companies will provide you with replacement parts. Furthermore, you can document the damaged card.

You can fix the frayed corner of your board with a small amount of ordinary, water soluble PVA glue. PVA/white glue/wood glue works well with all types of cardboard.

I would also recommend you to organise your game contents in ziploc bags, it would have prevented your card from getting bent if it was in a stack in a bag.

I've not seen any "organizers" made from foam, other than those I made myself to store the KS-buildings that I painted. Whenever I splice foam together, I'd usually use needle and thread, but I'm sure there are glues you could use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Pettersen
msg tools
I will try to contact them, then. And will get some glue for the board itself. I have since gotten some ziploc bags, they do seem to work much better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.