Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to be sure that I understood this correctly as I started going through the Standard game last night. When adding better engines you in effect are adding bonuses to add to your Effectiveness die roll. It may also be advantageous to switch airplane types by playing a Design card with that Technology so that you can get extra bonuses? For example, if you have Better Engines I it would be a good idea to maybe switch to a Triplane model so that you not only get the +2 BE I bonus but also the +2 bonus for the Triplane. Then if you get the BE III it would be good to switch over to the Monoplane model (after having to go back to the Biplane first since one cannot go directly from the Triplane to Monoplane)?

Also, one other quick question. Is there a significance to the bolder yellow border around the Better Engines III box (also I notice some bolder boxes in the Campaign game as well).

Thanks,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...Then if you get the BE III it would be good to switch over to the Monoplane model (after having to go back to the Biplane first since one cannot go directly from the Triplane to Monoplane)?

Yes, all of this is correct.

Quote:
Also, one other quick question. Is there a significance to the bolder yellow border around the Better Engines III box (also I notice some bolder boxes in the Campaign game as well).

Yes, those are "breakthrough" technologies that require TWO cards to achieve (instead of one as all the others require).

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.