8 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Does GMT Tray fit inside the box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BobbySoFamous .
msg tools
mbmbmb
I ordered Twilight Struggle and I was planning on ordering the GMT counter tray but I read somewhere that it didn't fit in the box. Anyone use the tray? Is it possible for it to fit in the box if you remove the insert?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, mounted map, rules, player aids, sleeved cards and a GMT counter tray will fit in the Twilight Struggle Deluxe (i.e. thick wall 2in box)

but you have to pack the cards as a thin layer (and IIRC remove the insert)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BobbySoFamous .
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You DEFINITELY have to remove the insert.... I know from personal experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I inverted my insert because I kind of liked the art. Inverted, everything fits fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you getting the cards in the box? I am not seeing how it all fits. Unless you are saying the box top does not close down over it all the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BobbySoFamous .
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
How are you getting the cards in the box? I am not seeing how it all fits. Unless you are saying the box top does not close down over it all the way.

My box doesn't close all the way, but it doesn't bother me too much. He said you need to pack the cards as a thin layer; I think he means instead of having the Mid War deck in one tall stack you need to spread it out so it's thinner. This doesn't jive well with the tuck boxes I made though :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Mine closes or if there is box rise it is completely not noticeable. You just need to make a bunch of evenish sized pile of cards and have them on top of the counter tray. If the cards are sleeved it won't close though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.