Hide
6 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Meta Challenge: Energy Dissipator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Hare
msg tools
Last two threads were USS Pasteur and Phased Polaron Beam. You know the rules. Make a less used card fun again. Maybe convince people to use it at the next OP. Ship pure encouraged but in no way required

Here is the first build:
Rav Laerst (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Energy Dissipator (5)
Total (38)

Fleet total: 38

Generated by Space Dock for Android
http://spacedockapp.org

I know there have been some impressive ED builds before, so lets have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rav Laerst [26]
- Weyoun 7 (Captain) [5]
- - Invaluable Advice [2]
- - Boheeka [1]
- - Remata'Klan [3]
- Gul Madred (Admiral) [5]
- Energy Dissipator [5]
- Amat'Igan [3]
Ship Total: 50 SP

Fleet Total: 50 SP

Generated by Utopia
http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/

A 5-die ED with BS and a blank conversion, firing at CS11 is likely to land a hit even on all but the most defensive cloaked builds. Swap Amat'Igan for Shroud to possibly do it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though it doesn't get used much, the Energy Dissipator really doesn't need much work. One thing I used to like to do is put it on a Galor. Expensive, but that 180 arc is fantastic, and the Aldara is especially good at lining up a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
i hadn't thought of Aldara. I like that. I was thinking USS Reliant (Fed) for the 180 and bonus attack die.

I will put up a harder meta challenge soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other ships it can go on, but I always find it fun to fly Breen ships. I like

26 Rav Laerst
05 Gul Dukat
03 Type 8 Phasers
05 Energy Dissipator
02 Boheeka

For penalty pure fun, this isn't bad either

26 Rav Laerst
04 Thot Gor
02 Type 8 Phasers
04 Energy Dissipator
02 Breen Aid

The Aft Weapons Array from the Reklar makes the Breen ships a little better. The Breen have plenty of weapon slots so they can fit Type 8s, ED, and Aft Weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
I will put up a harder meta challenge soon.

Oh, sorry if that sounded negative; I'm definitely enjoying everyone's ideas. Really I was just making excuses for not having some crazy outside-the-box idea

That said, how about Gul Lemec with First Strike so he can shoot at 10 and (presumably) get his +1? Only works on a Hull-3 ship, but, just to steal a little bit from everyone in this thread:

U.S.S. Reliant [20]
- Gul Lemec 4 (Captain) [4]
- - First Strike [3]
- Energy Dissipator [11]
- Remata'Klan [5]
- Montgomery Scott [4]
- Type 8 Phaser Array
Ship Total: 49 SP

There's an upwards of 7-die dissipator (overkill much?), followed up with an 8-die primary. If they're still alive, next turn you can back up, use Scotty to clear the Aux, and repeat (though without the help of Remata'klan and/or First Strike).

edit: Oh another thought I was having was to build on its movement denial by having a wingman Thought Maker it after it clears the EDT, or maybe a ship (Talvath with Test Cylinder for additional shenanigans?) staying out of range and Luring it somewhere impractical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.