Hide
4 Posts

Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft» Forums » Rules

Subject: Replacing clue cards in the face up line rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
s dog
msg tools
I wanted to clarify a rule that I've seen a lot of people get wrong. When you use a character ability to draw face-up clues from the line, you only replace the cards at the END of your turn.

For example, if you use the ability with Lestrade (pay 3 invest tokens to draw 2 face-up clues), you pick 2 cards from the 4 shown. The line gets replaced after you have chosen your two cards.

The only exception to this is when using the Sherlock/ Mycroft optional card to reserve cards from the line. This card can be used at any time during your turn (before of after moving a meeple). For example, you use Lestrade to draw two cards. The line is then replenished to four cards. At this point, you can reserve a card from the 4 shown, and then the line is replenished once again before going back to your opponents turn.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBcMPW3zqc
In that video (Spanish), the person explaining the rules had talked directly with the designer to clarify certain rules not clear in the rulebook.
__
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the exact question I was going to post.

Thanks for the pre-emptive answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jennings
Spain
Puertollano
Ciudad Real
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that Zee Garcia got it wrong in his YouTube review. I have the game in Spanish and think that it is quite clear how the rule works. Perhaps the English translation isn't a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulj1404 wrote:
I noticed that Zee Garcia got it wrong in his YouTube review. I have the game in Spanish and think that it is quite clear how the rule works. Perhaps the English translation isn't a good one.

Yes, he got wrong in his review. I posted a comment (on BGG, not on Youtube) so others who may watch it will know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.