Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Pirates:

Quote:
When played from the ambush point you may gain up to 2 Commissioners from your hand or Ambush Point and play them with this card.

How do you gain something from your Ambush Point if you're already playing all the cards from your Ambush Point?

The Great Valley:

Quote:
All Boss, Minion, and Predator cards are immediately recycled (no effects activated) when players repopulate the Game Trail. Footprints will remain empty if they cannot be repopulated. Place this card on top of the Hunt Deck as a reminder.

What? In what situation can footprints not be repopulated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bloomer
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
For the second question, if less than four cards remain in the Hunt deck that are not Boss, Minion or Predator. (Or however many spaces you have left on the hunt trail.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quantumscipio wrote:
For the second question, if less than four cards remain in the Hunt deck that are not Boss, Minion or Predator. (Or however many spaces you have left on the hunt trail.)

OK, that makes sense, I don't see why that would necessitate putting the event card on top of the hunt deck. You're either actively repopulating the game trail, in which case you don't want an event card in the way, or you're not, in which case it doesn't matter anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aras Chi
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it just acts as a reminder that the other players do not repopulate in this round and make sure the card order of the hunt deck will be maintained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies.

Any idea why Sky Pirates means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What deck is "Sky Pirates" from?

I went looking through what I have and I can find is the Environment card "Sky Phantoms" but it has nothing to do with Ambush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aras Chi
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Pirates is one of the expansion cards for Quetzalcoatlus deck, which come from Exotic Predator Add-on Pack.

Prehaps it should be gained from hand or discard pile instead of ambush point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
Sky Pirates:

Quote:
When played from the ambush point you may gain up to 2 Commissioners from your hand or Ambush Point and play them with this card.

How do you gain something from your Ambush Point if you're already playing all the cards from your Ambush Point?

99% of the time you're right, playing cards from the Ambush Point means playing all of the cards there. However, in an Alpha Battle,

Quote:
If the defender wants to play cards from their Ambush Point, they may pick and choose which cards or play all of them.

I think this could be one of those cases. However, I agree that the wording here is rather odd. Even in cases where you are the Defender in an Alpha Battle, cherry-picking the Sky Pirates to get the extra cards is kind of pointless because if you were going to do that to begin with, why not just simply do it? Hmmm......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:

99% of the time you're right, playing cards from the Ambush Point means playing all of the cards there.

Good point, I've been playing solo so I haven't delved into the Alpha Battle / Battle Royale shenanigans more than just a very quick read through.

Thud105 wrote:
Even in cases where you are the Defender in an Alpha Battle, cherry-picking the Sky Pirates to get the extra cards is kind of pointless because if you were going to do that to begin with, why not just simply do it? Hmmm......

It's a mystery to me! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Current text:
Quote:
When played from the Ambush Point you may gain up to 2 Commissioners from your hand or Ambush Point and play them with this card.

FWIW: Perhaps the text is an misprint? The card text would fit in nicely with the spirit of other cards if it said:

When played from the Ambush Point you may gain up to 2 Commissioners from your hand or Discard Pile and play them with this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.