$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 64.45

4,556 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Castle Itter» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Escape through load? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks awesome, and just exposing me to the story alone would’ve been enough. I had a couple questions/comments though after reading the rules and watching your videos:

Can Borotra escape from the Tank’s load space? I’d think it’d be easy to just move him there; this white space has no SS Counters with its corresponding color; and then he’d be able to escape whenever, and since he’s not in Line of Sight of anything, he won’t have to worry about being suppressed or killed unless the tank is destroyed and he'll always be free to escape…thoughts? Or is this a valid escape path?

Also, just an fyi, Page 20 of the rules, example map, shows a Mortar in the green circle advanced 1 from 11 or 12. Is this just a mistake, because I thought the Mortars couldn’t advance?
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, quick question. Does the game start with SS or the Defenders? If it's the defenders, they really just show up and suppress because nothing else is available?
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexsting wrote:
Also, quick question. Does the game start with SS or the Defenders? If it's the defenders, they really just show up and suppress because nothing else is available?


The game begins with the Defenders. Keep in mind that every SS starting space with have an SS Riflemen counter in it at the beginning of the game. So the Defenders can attack or suppress (or take a different action).


Dexsting wrote:
This game looks awesome, and just exposing me to the story alone would’ve been enough. I had a couple questions/comments though after reading the rules and watching your videos:

Can Borotra escape from the Tank’s load space? I’d think it’d be easy to just move him there; this white space has no SS Counters with its corresponding color; and then he’d be able to escape whenever, and since he’s not in Line of Sight of anything, he won’t have to worry about being suppressed or killed unless the tank is destroyed and he'll always be free to escape…thoughts? Or is this a valid escape path?


No, technically Borotra could not escape from Besotten Jenny's Load space because it doesn't have an SS position with a corresponding color (white). However, your question prompted me to consider the idea of Borotra escaping from Besotten Jenny in general. I've never seen anyone do that in an actual game, because the eastern approach is almost never cleared and because it's so critical in the early game to maximize the actions of the tank crew in Besotten Jenny. I'll have to test the game specifically targeting trying to have Borotra escape via Besotten Jenny to see if it's really even feasible. I might remove it as an option altogether.


Dexsting wrote:
Also, just an fyi, Page 20 of the rules, example map, shows a Mortar in the green circle advanced 1 from 11 or 12. Is this just a mistake, because I thought the Mortars couldn’t advance?


Great catch! Thanks. That was a mistake on my part. I'll make sure to get that fixed.

Thanks so much for taking the time to make and play Castle Itter. Let me know what you think once you get a chance to try it.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So much fun! Though I cheated and missed the part of riflemen starting on all the # spaces. Whoops.

Lost with 6 cards left. I got 3 draws of riflemen cards and kept rolling 8s! 6 of them to push to a loss.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.