$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 115.88

7,057 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
UPDATE - Tim The Terrific (that's his official honorific) from Boardlandia provided a 10% off coupon code to share that makes Paperback that much sweeter.

The code hamilton will get you 10% off Boardlandia orders through the end of August.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE - Paperback is back in stock and there are many more discounts after the coupon.

Store link: https://boardlandia.com

Shipping is free over $89 so it only takes a couple of bigger games to get that savings as well.

Prices are after the 10% coupon but before shipping.

Scythe - $54 ($72 @ MM but unavailable)
https://boardlandia.com/collections/strategy-games/products/...

Food Chain Magnate - $85.50 ($100-130 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/food-chain-magnate

504 - $62.10 ($65-80 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/504

Abyss - $39.60 ($40 @ Noble Kight, $45-50 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/abyss-colors-may-vary

Caverna: The Cave Farmers - $78.57 ($79.16 @ Amazon w/Prime, $87.30 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/caverna

Cry Havoc - $43.20 ($45-75 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/cry-havoc

SeaFall - $47.70 ($52-53 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/seafall

The Great Zimbabwe - $85.50 ($95-109 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/zimbabwe

The Others
- $63 ($80 @MM)
https://boardlandia.com/products/the-others-7-sins

BRICK & MORTAR ONLY (Asmodee) so no coupon but I left them on this list so no one gets confused like I did
Captain Sonar
https://boardlandia.com/products/captain-sonar

Battlestar Galactica
https://boardlandia.com/products/battlestar-galactica

Elysium
https://boardlandia.com/products/elysium

Cyclades
https://boardlandia.com/products/cyclades

Arkham Horror
https://boardlandia.com/products/arkham-horror

7 Wonders
https://boardlandia.com/products/7-wonders-2011-kennerspiel-...


The original inspiration:
Paperback is finally back in print! No more scalper prices of $50 or more, and the even better news is that the price has dropped. Most sites don't even list it and maybe I'll get torn apart for posting because the new regular price seems to be $25, but ordering from Boardlandia saves you a few dollars over the other available options to purchase the game (the lowest in the Geek Market before shipping is $29). Use the coupon code hamilton to drop the game to $22.50 before shipping.

Boardlandia: $29.50 shipped
https://boardlandia.com/products/paperback-the-card-game

Tim Fowers directly: $33 shipped
https://fowers-games.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/pro...

Amazon: $35 shipped w/ Prime
https://smile.amazon.com/Tim-Fowers-Paperback-Card-Game/dp/B...



The Purge: # 464 Paperback: So you take a little Scrabble and you mix it with Dominion and you get Paperback
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Great game and Boardlandia has excellent customer service.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
If it's back in print for $25, doesn't that suggest that it will soon be available for significantly less than $32?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
tumorous wrote:
If it's back in print for $25, doesn't that suggest that it will soon be available for significantly less than $32?


It was enough of a deal for me to order one. In theory everything will be cheaper one day but that might not happen here. Previous print runs of this game have had tightly controlled distribution (just Tim's site and Amazon) through limited channels so sales were effectively nonexistent. Cards Against Humanity is another example of this model where people happily pay full price year-round so the only real savings to be had is in the shipping rate.

*edit* Sarcasm removed to avoid Internet crumminess. Although I'd argue that there's always a need to be sarcastic, regardless of the setting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Redacted due to Rococo_Zephyr's good-natured response.

No need to be sarcastic. It's a good point in general, and a comment on the hotness/notness of a deal isn't an attack on your personage.

Except for this particular title maybe. It used to only be available directly from Tim's website so I'm not sure what wider distribution will look like and whether there will be discounted prices on it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tron

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
The creators site has it on stock now for 24.99

https://fowers-games.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/pro...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
MentatYP wrote:

No need to be sarcastic. It's a good point in general, and a comment on the hotness/notness of a deal isn't an attack on your personage.

Except for this particular title maybe. It used to only be available directly from Tim's website so I'm not sure what wider distribution will look like and whether there will be discounted prices on it.


Point taken. I cleaned up my post. You and I are saying the same thing about the actual prospects of a sale - I was kind of surprised to see it on any site besides Tim's and Amazon. It's definitely not anywhere else (I checked all the major players) so I wonder if it's a special engagement.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

No need to be sarcastic. It's a good point in general, and a comment on the hotness/notness of a deal isn't an attack on your personage.

Except for this particular title maybe. It used to only be available directly from Tim's website so I'm not sure what wider distribution will look like and whether there will be discounted prices on it.


Point taken. I cleaned up my post. You and I are saying the same thing about the actual prospects of a sale - I was kind of surprised to see it on any site besides Tim's and Amazon. It's definitely not anywhere else (I checked all the major players) so I wonder if it's a special engagement.

Yeah, this is the first time I've ever seen it sold anywhere else. Who knows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
I ordered my copy for $25 (including shipping) when I backed Tim fower's most recent game, Fugitive

I also grabbed a copy of Burgle Bros for $36 including shipping
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doiron
msg tools
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Tim did a webcast where he explained that he's doing a limited trial, distributing through very select retailers (the ones discussed here). He said he has no intention of going through one of the larger game distributors -- from what I remember, they asked for too much of a discount for his liking.

So this is likely the price that will stand until it goes out of stock again and the price shoots up. The Fugutive kickstarter would've been the only way you could get it cheaper ($25 including shipping).

For what it's worth, sarcasm is the probably the appropriate response for someone with a Dylan Moran avatar...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
MentatYP wrote:

No need to be sarcastic. It's a good point in general, and a comment on the hotness/notness of a deal isn't an attack on your personage.

Except for this particular title maybe. It used to only be available directly from Tim's website so I'm not sure what wider distribution will look like and whether there will be discounted prices on it.


Point taken. I cleaned up my post.
Now MentatYP needs to clean up his quote of your post.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Phelps
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]

True story...

I was fortunate enough to find a copy of Paperback just this last week at Goodwill for $2.99 (and the cards were even still in shrink), but not everyone is that lucky (so it's a good thing that it seems to be back in stock).








3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sims
United States
Thompsons Station
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Earlier this week I completed my Fugitive Kickstarter survey mostly on auto-pilot. Thanks to this thread I've now gone back and spent $60 more on Tim's games. "Thanks" guys. laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh J
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Picked one up as well! This game interested me a while back, I forgot the name of it and couldn't find it... and then saw this thread. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
Dirge the Troll wrote:

True story...

I was fortunate enough to find a copy of Paperback just this last week at Goodwill for $2.99 (and the cards were even still in shrink), but not everyone is that lucky (so it's a good thing that it seems to be back in stock).


Holy crud, what a find! I have to wonder how that happens... lucky man!

Your story just made me ride my bike (which is shocking enough as it is) to a couple of somewhat nearby thrift stores... no luck whatsoever though (not so shocking!) Oh well... got a little exercise I suppose!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Paperback For $32 - In Print And On Sale! [Boardlandia]
joemomma wrote:
Dirge the Troll wrote:

True story...

I was fortunate enough to find a copy of Paperback just this last week at Goodwill for $2.99 (and the cards were even still in shrink), but not everyone is that lucky (so it's a good thing that it seems to be back in stock).


Holy crud, what a find! I have to wonder how that happens... lucky man!

Your story just made me ride my bike (which is shocking enough as it is) to a couple of somewhat nearby thrift stores... no luck whatsoever though (not so shocking!) Oh well... got a little exercise I suppose!



Definitely worth a ride. Not every trip can be a winner, but I'm pretty happy with my like new copy of Mysterium for $6 from Goodwill last weekend.

For a more targeted deal, Tim The Terrific (that's his official honorific) from Boardlandia provided a 10% off coupon code to share that makes Paperback that much sweeter. The code hamilton will get you 10% off Boardlandia orders through the end of August. Now I can update my first post and no one can tell me it's not a deal!

Well, it is the Internet so I'm sure someone will find a way to tear me down, but I thought it was ding dang dandy of Tim to provide the code. Cool for cats and kittens!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: UPDATED WITH COUPON Paperback For $29.50 and More - 10% Off Anything Coupon! [Boardlandia]
Can get a copy of food chain magnate 5th printing run for $91.50 shipped or add a small item to get free shipping and save $6 more.

Thanks for the promo code. Not sure I will ever get it to the table (Food chain) but cant resist the price!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Phelps
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UPDATED WITH COUPON Paperback For $29.50 and More - 10% Off Anything Coupon! [Boardlandia]
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
joemomma wrote:
Dirge the Troll wrote:

True story...

I was fortunate enough to find a copy of Paperback just this last week at Goodwill for $2.99 (and the cards were even still in shrink), but not everyone is that lucky (so it's a good thing that it seems to be back in stock).


Holy crud, what a find! I have to wonder how that happens... lucky man!

Your story just made me ride my bike (which is shocking enough as it is) to a couple of somewhat nearby thrift stores... no luck whatsoever though (not so shocking!) Oh well... got a little exercise I suppose!



Definitely worth a ride. Not every trip can be a winner, but I'm pretty happy with my like new copy of Mysterium for $6 from Goodwill last weekend.


Yes, definitely most trips to the thrift store don't produce anything of note (you have to be persistent to find anything decent). And for a little more motivation for future bike rides, that same day that I found Paperback for $2.99, I also found a copy of Village for $5.99 (although it was at a different Goodwill)...Definitely one of my better thrift days.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UPDATED WITH COUPON Paperback For $29.50 and More - 10% Off Anything Coupon! [Boardlandia]
Boardlandia reduced the price on Paperback to $25; add 10% off coupon and free shipping at $100 is pretty solid. I picked up a few games from their "sale", that were originally more expensive than competitors non-sale price but were marginally cheaper after the 10% off.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Wolf
msg tools
mbmb
Re: UPDATED WITH COUPON Paperback For $29.50 and More - 10% Off Anything Coupon! [Boardlandia]
I think it's one of those rare cases when I would rather support creator directly.
It will cost me maybe $2 more, but will probably lend him $10-15 more because of removing middleman.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Re: UPDATED WITH COUPON Paperback For $29.50 and More - 10% Off Anything Coupon! [Boardlandia]
deniswolf wrote:
I think it's one of those rare cases when I would rather support creator directly.
It will cost me maybe $2 more, but will probably lend him $10-15 more because of removing middleman.


To be clear, the hamilton 10% off coupon applies to any game, not just Paperback.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tron

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UPDATED WITH COUPON Paperback For $29.50 and More - 10% Off Anything Coupon! [Boardlandia]
Please buy direct from tim fowers site he is a great guy and obviously making amazing games. I can't wait for his next major game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Boardlandia 10% Off Anything Coupon! Paperback For $29.50 Shipped and More [Boardlandia]
Just saw a Boardlandia ad on boardgameprices.com for another 10% off coupon using the code bgp. The hamilton code should also be valid for the same discount through the end of this month.

With either of these codes, Scythe drops to $54 before shipping. According to boardgameprices.com this is the lowest price available.

https://boardlandia.com/collections/strategy-games/products/...



Boardgameprices.com is the extent of my research on this one. If it turns out you can get the game on a reputable site like Massdrop for less I am truly sorry for the 13 seconds you lost reading this post. I offer reparations in the form of snide comments or poorly-made memes. Your choice.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Scythe For $54 - Boardlandia 10% Off Anything Coupon! [Boardlandia]
I'm supposed to be on game-buying hiatus but that doesn't stop me from looking. I found a few more games on Boardlandia's site that end up cheaper than everyone else after the hamilton 10% off coupon code, many of which are for brand new games. Shipping is free over $89 so it only takes a couple of bigger games to get that savings as well.

Prices are after the 10% coupon but before shipping.


Scythe - $54 ($72 @ MM but unavailable)
https://boardlandia.com/collections/strategy-games/products/...

Food Chain Magnate - $85.50 ($100-130 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/food-chain-magnate

504 - $62.10 ($65-80 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/504

Abyss - $39.60 ($40 @ Noble Kight, $45-50 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/abyss-colors-may-vary

Caverna: The Cave Farmers - $78.57 ($79.16 @ Amazon w/Prime, $87.30 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/caverna

Cry Havoc - $43.20 ($45-75 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/cry-havoc

SeaFall - $47.70 ($52-53 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/seafall

The Great Zimbabwe - $85.50 ($95-109 elsewhere)
https://boardlandia.com/products/zimbabwe

The Others
- $63 ($80 @MM)
https://boardlandia.com/products/the-others-7-sins

BRICK & MORTAR ONLY (Asmodee) so no coupon but I left them on this list so no one gets confused like I did
Captain Sonar
https://boardlandia.com/products/captain-sonar

Battlestar Galactica
https://boardlandia.com/products/battlestar-galactica

Elysium
https://boardlandia.com/products/elysium

Cyclades
https://boardlandia.com/products/cyclades

Arkham Horror
https://boardlandia.com/products/arkham-horror

7 Wonders
https://boardlandia.com/products/7-wonders-2011-kennerspiel-...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Captain Sonar is B&M only.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.