Subject: Limited Resources rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Turner
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Are resources limited in Happy Pigs to what is available? That is, can you buy up the supply of vaccines to hose everyone else? This is a possible scenario in a 5 or 6 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
purplemosh wrote:
Are resources limited in Happy Pigs to what is available? That is, can you buy up the supply of vaccines to hose everyone else? This is a possible scenario in a 5 or 6 player game.

I think they are suppose to be limited ... And money is not supposed to be limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
Media & Public Relations at IELLO France
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
purplemosh wrote:
No, they're not limited. So you can't deliberately purchase all the vaccines from the market to stop your opponents from buying some (good try, though ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Well there goes one of my tried-and-true strategies... Is this in the rulebook somewhere that I just missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
Media & Public Relations at IELLO France
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcrowell wrote:
Is this in the rulebook somewhere that I just missed?
No I think we did… blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a note, I tried that strategy (with a limited resources 'game') and it wasn't competitive. We played with a full player count.

Issues:
* It takes several turns to buy all the vaccines.
* In the first turn, you will probably split the 'buys'
* In the second turn, others will note what you did - you will split again - and they will buy some.
* In the tird turn, you might buy out the market but now you are 3 turns behind. Also, others will sell their non-vaccinated pigs... loosing some in the fourth and being annoyed.

The other players' loss of a few piglets didn't overcome the early acceleration of their farm. I did get a few bad pairings when I matched choices with several others. In a group of equivalent players, three were ahead of me - the mental adjustment was interesting and if there were 'fewer' resources in the pool this strategy might be valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.