Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Butchers Blade - Not sure how it works rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Southern
England
Widnes
flag msg tools

Im not too sure how the Butchers Blade works. I think this may be to do with how we resolve our combat.

Once a character has rolled their hits we usually roll for damage one at a time. I imagine the Butchers Blade works far better when rolled together.

So say I had a pick axe and Butchers Blade and 4 Combat. If I get 4 hits (not crits) and then I roll all my damage together and they all come up 3's against an enemy with 2 defense. Rather than doing 1 damage with each hit, i'd be doing 5 with each? For 20 damage.

Or should it be rolled one at a time, so if the first damage roll is a 3 (doing 1 wound) then even if the second was a 2, that one would be doing 3 damage (for 1 wound again). Then the next damage roll would be +2?

Really not quite sure how best to go about it or whats intended with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
Each subsequent hit adds a +1 dmg, from what I understand. So, if you have one butcher's blade, it's 1d6, then 1d6+1, 1d6+2, 1d6+3, etc.

If you have two of them, it would be 1d6, 1d6+2, 1d6+4, 1d6+6...

I think.... Will have to check it again when I haven't had a couple of high grav beers. Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike X
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
bjorn2bwild wrote:
Each subsequent hit adds a +1 dmg, from what I understand. So, if you have one butcher's blade, it's 1d6, then 1d6+1, 1d6+2, 1d6+3, etc.

That's how my group does it. However, we're not entirely sure if Butcher's Blade works in conjunction with the Performer's free attack pistol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.