Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Rules state that vehicles may attempt to run over soldiers when they enter a hex containing an enemy. Is there a check when a soldier enters a hex containing an occupied(driven) vehicle? What about when the vehicle leaves that hex?

... And can a soldier still attempt to run over an enemy mid-crash (that is the vehicle goes through the hex during the crash?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Hey, Joe! Got any live ones!?", (but Joe had no grenades). The tank rumbled nearer. Johnny stuffed explosives into his gloves, burrowed deep in the muck and waited; then deftly slapped them into a greasy tread axle and spun for cover; snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
falafel007 wrote:
Rules state that vehicles may attempt to run over soldiers when they enter a hex containing an enemy. Is there a check when a soldier enters a hex containing an occupied(driven) vehicle? What about when the vehicle leaves that hex?

... And can a soldier still attempt to run over an enemy mid-crash (that is the vehicle goes through the hex during the crash?

Good question and interesting that the rules as written only refer to vehicles entering a hex and what to do about active friendly and/or enemy soldiers present in that hex.

JMHO: I am inclined to say not allowed to all questions above because the rules require a vehicle that misses an intended rundown target to leave the hex entirely, turn sharply (spend 1MP doing so and performing an accident check once again) with only a successful check allowing further rundown attempts.

This requirement of distance greater than one hex by a vehicle at presumably good prerequisite speed under absolute driver control strongly implies to me that a crash in and of itself provides exactly the type of loss of control that would forbid targeting and striking enemy soldiers (active or otherwise).

Similarly, I am inclined to think a vehicle crash result on the accident table maintains general speed and course without the control of guided speed and course required to hit anyone.

Furthermore, this type of interpretation leaves me doubtful that a vehicle rundown attempt is even possible when enemy soldiers enter hexes containing enemy vehicles that have not already intentionally targeted them from ranges further than the co-occupied hex itself.

Granted this is all supposition but what else do we have to hang our hats on, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for this well thought out response. It must have been a lucky day for my driver the - he squashed some nazi scum as he lost control of his vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Hey, Joe! Got any live ones!?", (but Joe had no grenades). The tank rumbled nearer. Johnny stuffed explosives into his gloves, burrowed deep in the muck and waited; then deftly slapped them into a greasy tread axle and spun for cover; snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
falafel007 wrote:
Thanks for this well thought out response. It must have been a lucky day for my driver the - he squashed some nazi scum as he lost control of his vehicle.
thumbsup Reverse Ambush! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.