384 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Star Wars Rebellion PBF004: Never Tell Me the Odds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dara
msg tools
Alright... I've never been a mod for a PBF game before but I am going to try to start one! I'm going to steal a list of Rules from Mike (PBF003).

- This will be a 4 player game if we get enough people who are interested, all communication will be public with the exception of selecting any rebel bases. Any team member can roll and make decisions for either theater of combat (to speed things up).
- Please lock-in orders in bold. No take-backs
- I will send out mission/action cards with letters assigned. I will re-issue new letters for each card at the start of each round. Please use these letters during assignment.
- Any uncertainty about a rule/current unit positions then please stop and ask
- Dice rolling - please see PBF001/002/003 for instructions. Please do not edit posts with dice-rolling to avoid any controversy
- If I mess something up please tell me!

PM me with interested team and position... And may the force be with you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
So far we only have 2 people interested... Menghini and Demoss1

I will start it later this week if no one else joins as a two person game, lemme know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
Only need one more!

So far we have quilleashm as a Rebel player

As well as Menghini and Demoss1 as whatever position needs filled...

Don't be Shy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to, but im trying to degene THE empire against those pesky rebels in PBF003. Not easy to participate in two games at once.

Sure there will be one other player coming up.
Will watch this, really like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
If there's a space available, I'll try my hand at a 4-player game. I prefer the Empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
And we are off!

The Galactic Empire shall be controlled by Meghini (Admiral) and Sirdann221 (General)!

The Rebellion will be led by Quilleashm (Admiral) and Demoss1 (General)!

All is set. I will try to post a pic of the map shortly and PM the rebel's starting objective... And good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
Actually I left the map I made in Vassal saved on my work desktop... So the setup will start tomorrow!

I will however PM the objective to the rebel players!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - thanks for launching this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test to make sure I understand how the rolling works.

test with three black dice 3custom6{iid:3020356;iid:3020356;iid:3020357;iid:3020358;iid:3020358;iid:3020359} -> ( iid:3020356 iid:3020358 iid:3020359) -> (
) [+]

test with 2 red dice 2custom6{iid:3020360;iid:3020360;iid:3020361;iid:3020362;iid:3020362;iid:3020363} -> ( iid:3020363 iid:3020360) -> (
) [+]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 930002. demoss1
  • 3custom6{iid:3020356;iid:3020356;iid:3020357;iid:3020358;iid:3020358;iid:3020359} =
  • ( iid:3020356 iid:3020358 iid:3020359) =
  • ( iid:3020356 iid:3020358 iid:3020359)
  • test with three black dice
  • Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:34 pm
  • [+]
  • 930003. demoss1
  • 2custom6{iid:3020360;iid:3020360;iid:3020361;iid:3020362;iid:3020362;iid:3020363} =
  • ( iid:3020363 iid:3020360) =
  • ( iid:3020363 iid:3020360)
  • test with 2 red dice
  • Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:35 pm
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I already PM'd Dan, so I'm good. Dan will answer for me if I'm not answering withn 24 hours.

Looking forward to see how mighty those rebels are!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools

Rebellion starts with Mon Calamari, Bothawui and Kashyyyk loyalty

The empire starts with Rodia and Correlia subjugation. Also starting with Mygeeto, Mandalore and Saleucami loyalty

Next step, Empire deployment!
Then Rebel deployment,
Then 2 Action Cards each team
Then Rebels select Hidden Rebel Base System
Then Mission Cards

If I am making a mistake anywhere just let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's start the deployment. General: if you agree, than you can make it bold, otherwise change it (a bit) and make it final.

We start with 3 Star Destroyers, 3 Assault Carriers, 12 TIE Fighters, 12 Stormtroopers, 5 AT-STs, 1 AT-AT, and 1 Death Star

Rodia: 1 Star Destroyer, 3 TIE Fighters, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 AT-STs

Corellia: 1 Assault Carrier, 3 TIE Fighters, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 AT-STs and 1 Death Star

Coruscant: 1 Assault Carrier, 2 TIE Fighters, 2 Stormtroopers, 1 AT-AT

Mandalore: 1 Star Destroyer, 2 TIE Fighters, 2 Stormtroopers, 1 AT-STs

Mygeeto: 1 assault carrier, 2 Stormtroopers

Saleucami: 1 Star Destroyer, 2 TIE Fighters, 2 Stormtroopers

So a pretty balanced deployment, with the main force located near the right side of the galaxy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
- Admiral, says General Tagge, the Rebel Alliance is too well equipped! They're more dangerous than you realize.

I suggested below a few small adjustments to consolidate our fleets but feel free to reject any changes and make it final. Coruscant should be safe for now.

Imperial Navy:
- Corellia: 3 Tie-Fighters, the Death Star
- Mandalore: 3 Tie-Fighters, 1 Assault Carrier, 1 Star Destroyer
- Rodia: 3 Tie-Fighters, 1 Assault Carrier, 1 Star Destroyer
- Saleucami 3 Tie-Fighters, 1 Assault Carrier, 1 Star Destroyer

Imperial Army:
- Rodia: 3 ST, 1 AT-ST
- Corellia: 2 STs, 2 AT-STs
- Coruscant: 1 ST
- Mandalore: 2 STs, 1 AT-ST
- Mygeeto: 2 STs, 1 AT-ST
- Saleucami: 2 STs, 1 AT-AT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, General, your lack of interest in Coruscant is disturbing...

But maybe Coruscant is overrated. I like to be on my ship in space between the stars, so it doesn't really matter to me.

You basically moved the extras from Coruscant to our remote loyal and subjgated systems, maybe a better distribution to get the rebel systems in check and more chance of finding the rebel base...

I like it. Let's finalise it:

Imperial Navy:
- Corellia: 3 Tie-Fighters, the Death Star
- Mandalore: 3 Tie-Fighters, 1 Assault Carrier, 1 Star Destroyer
- Rodia: 3 Tie-Fighters, 1 Assault Carrier, 1 Star Destroyer
- Saleucami 3 Tie-Fighters, 1 Assault Carrier, 1 Star Destroyer

Imperial Army:
- Rodia: 3 ST, 1 AT-ST
- Corellia: 2 STs, 2 AT-STs
- Coruscant: 1 ST
- Mandalore: 2 STs, 1 AT-ST
- Mygeeto: 2 STs, 1 AT-ST
- Saleucami: 2 STs, 1 AT-AT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
Empire cards sent out.

Next Rebellious Rebels deployment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion is to make our on-board deployment space Ord Mantell. Since the Imperial Fleet is concentrated heavily, we should go where they aren't. We can potentially blockade both Mygeeto and Coruscant from there. Ideally we put at least 7 units on Ord Mantell to make sure we only have 7 in the Base itself at start.

Precise composition depends on whether we want to take out the ground forces. I'd also want to leave a trooper on Ord Mantell if we have enough available without stripping the base too badly, though I'm only so worried about that - the odds against the Empire finding the base quickly enough to matter are approximately 3,720 to 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
... Can't you only choose a loyal system to deploy in at the start of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
Damn... the rules say Rebel or Neutral! Learn something new everyday.

Proceed as you were lol blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be inclined to allow you to redo your deployment if it was based upon that misunderstanding - it makes more sense in that light.

EDIT: Never mind, I see now that's the mod talking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
Yeah just me beeing derp, lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools
The problem with Ord Mantell is it's next to their fleet in Mandalore so we may get squashed first turn. If we attack Coruscant or Mygeeto then the Empires has fleets to respond adjacent to both.

I feel if we place next to one of their fleets we go for a first strike to damage/destroy/pin down a fleet. Or we just evade which means placing 2 spaces away somewhere (there's several choices).

We can do a suicide ground drop (use the corvette and transport to drop 6 ground units) and take out one of ground squads. Rodia would be a good choice, if we do kill all the ground units then that fleet becomes useless as it will be unable to subjugate or reinforce. That leaves a large chunk of the map out of the Empire's control for the first few turns. Risky but nice pay-off

I think my preference would be an first strike on Rodia, either with everything (except a couple of troops) or ground only. If we go all-in we probably lose the space battle but we might take out the SD.

Or maybe I'm just gung-ho . What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we accomplish more by going after Mygeeto; we get the first move and they'll have to come after us if they want their AT-AT. I like the Rodia idea except that we WILL lose the space battle, probably even without the Empire needing to use a leader (which is one concern; leader availability is a major issue for the Empire and if they don't commit a leader, we don't cost them as much in that regard). Sure, they still have to work their way back to clear us out, but that becomes a longer term project. We can still Sabotage it and prevent further deployment there, assuming we don't want to go after production.

The big problem with trying to attack Rodia, though, is this: what happens if the Empire retreats after one round, in which they'll do serious damage to our force? They're then sitting on Geonosis or Naboo - we can only prevent one of the two by deploying there - for the cost of the leader they would have spent anyway and a few units. The place they retreat to is instantly subjugated and we're back to square one but with fewer units.

I figure making them move a fleet just to rescue an Imperial world is a win. A different type of win than the usual attack, but still a win. I wouldn't be opposed to sending a serious ground force to try to win the ground combat anywhere, but I don't think we're capable of a space win YET against this deployment.

This is going to be interesting because I've never seen an Imperial fleet deployed like this. I think we need to be accordingly flexible on the opening Rebel playbook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, IF we have surviving space units, we can cover both of those systems by moving in from one and retreating the space units (only) to the other. It's not at all certain that we will HAVE surviving space units, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools
Fair point about the retreat from Rodia.

Let's go with your plan then. I suggest we hold back our fighters in the base as they are no use taking mygeeto and if the empire responds from mandalore we will probably lose most of them in the second fight.

Maybe leavin one troop in Ord Mantell and attacking with Corvette/Trans/2 Speeders/4 Troops. We'll lose the troop later but it forces the empire to waste an action later to take it back.

That leaves a troop and our fighters in the base.

That's my thoughts but I'll leave the final decision to you General.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. I'm a little torn on leaving a speeder on the base, but let's go with it. Just have to make sure we actually build some speeders soon. Hey, maybe on Ord Mantell!

Rebel Deployment

Ord Mantell: Corellian Corvette, Rebel Transport, 2x Airspeeder, 5x Rebel Trooper

Rebel Base: 2x X-Wing, 2x Y-Wing, 1x Rebel Trooper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.