Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the back page of the Alternate Histories Rulebook is a table showing how many cards you should have with both expansions. I have done all substitutions (cute how some change nationality). The table says there should be 16 United Kingdom events and 14 United States events. However, after numerous reviews, I have 17 United Kingdom events and 13 United States events. What am I doing wrong? Could someone please list either the United Kingdom events or the United States events (or both) so I can figure out what is happening.

All substitutions have been made. The total card count is correct other than he two event totals (and added together they equal 30 cards). I am beginning to think either I am going crazy or the table is wrong.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy, I didn't think this was that tough a question. Now I am going to make it worse. After sleeving my cards, I noticed that I only had 8 Japanese bolster cards when the manifest say 9. This causes me more concern because my quick and dirty count did not reveal this shortcoming. Have I lost a card or was my original count in error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You better count again. I checked my decks, and there are 16 UK events, 14 US events and 9 Japanese bolsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprisingly, I can count quite well. However, it appears I cannot follow directions since, for some reason, I substituted all cards except "Ledo and Burma Roads" which switches a United Kingdom Event to a United States event. Now the event card issue is resolved.

Unfortunately, I appear to have lost a Japanese Bolster card. I have:

1. Nagumo Commands the First Air Fleet
2. Yamamoto Aboard the Yamato
3. Code of Bushido
4. Imperial Japanese Navy
5. Island Fortresses
6. A6M Zero-Sen
7. Tora
8. The Pacific Empire

Could you please tell me what card I am missing and what it says so that I may make a replacement? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing Mitsubishi J8M.

"Use when you are the target of an Economic Warfare card with Bombers in the title and you have an Air Force in Japan. Reduce the number of cards required to be discarded by 4."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Was that one of the new cards or did it come out in Air Marshal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a new card from Alternate Histories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my good wife conquering a Shopping Mall.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Thank you. Was that one of the new cards or did it come out in Air Marshal?

Hi Doug,

If you sleeve your cards, go back and check that you haven't put two cards into the same sleeve; I have done this on a couple of occasions.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.