Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the initial DVG version of the B-17 FFL Tactical Display. Looks Awesome!!!

Showing my planned raid on Schweinfurt Ball Bearing Factory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That came out nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOOKS GREAT! I hope the counters will have more "color" to them.

just a question.... why is there a B-29 shown on the one card- left side, bottom right? They were not used in Europe. Then again, I cannot really read it and don't know the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
LOOKS GREAT! I hope the counters will have more "color" to them.

just a question.... why is there a B-29 shown on the one card- left side, bottom right? They were not used in Europe. Then again, I cannot really read it and don't know the game.

Yes, all of the cards and counters are getting done. I just don't have them yet.

Good eyes. I have one B-29 and one B-25 group as optional groups. The B-29s were planned for the ETO, but got diverted to the Pacific. But I thought it would be fun to add.

Dean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that explains it! It would be sort of like the Type XXI in U-Boat Leader? Not really a production Sub in WWII, but more of a "What if" type of thing.

I didn't know that the B-29 was planned for the ETO.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
For one thing, that again disproves any accusations of this being a reskin of TAL.
And if you don't mind me suggesting it, try doing some additional playtesting during and after the Kickstarter. This'll mean an even bigger bang for the customer's buck, I guarantee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The core design for this version has been fairly stable for about 8 or 9 months. I have had 3 Playtesters that I've used to bounce ideas off of and get actual gameplay experience feedback. Plus Chris at NWS reviewed the Tactical rules and provided great feedback. Plus DVG has had people playtest the game. So I think we have a pretty solid design.

We are going to continue to Playtest to validate some of the Victory Point conditions on the Campaigns.

I would be happy to answer any questions. I think Dan is planning on having a draft rulebook available during the Kickstarter campaign.

Gerald, as you have pointed out, this isn't a re-skinned TAL. It has some unique Leader Series gameplay that covers the evolving ETO Bombing Campaign and highlights the different tactics and technologies the Germans used to try and stop the Bombers.

Dean
B-17 FFL Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
It would be sort of like the Type XXI in U-Boat Leader? Not really a production Sub in WWII, but more of a "What if" type of thing.

Actually, I have the Type XXI U-Boat in the B-17 FFL game (couldn't resist that either as a U-Boat Leader player). One of the technologies the Germans attempt to field is the Type XXI U-Boat, that if deployed starts sucking up SO points every week. If being researched, you can destroy the targets supporting the Type XXI design and deployment to prevent them from going out and wreaking havoc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reyes
msg tools
Can't wait for the KS campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS game graphic has a very interesting spelling of Amsterdam..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:

Actually, that'd be due to a counter blocking the view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Blast
United States
Sewickley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
grandvp124_seraph wrote:
Quote:

Actually, that'd be due to a counter blocking the view.

I believe he's talking about the "Amersterdam" spelling. It's shown on the KS page with no counters. Hopefully a simple typo that has already been caught and corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaxBlast wrote:
I believe he's talking about the "Amersterdam" spelling. It's shown on the KS page with no counters. Hopefully a simple typo that has already been caught and corrected.

Fixed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Blast
United States
Sewickley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
MaxBlast wrote:

Fixed!

Great! And by the way, really really looking forward to this game Dean!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just learned that there's a Single Bomber rule in the works a la "B-17: Queen of the Skies". This ought to be an interesting challenge if it becomes a reality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hermsen
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dean, while you're looking for spelling errors, I noticed that Bremen is misspelled on the target card example in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Hermsen wrote:
Dean, while you're looking for spelling errors, I noticed that Bremen is misspelled on the target card example in the rulebook.

Good catch. I fixed my card and sent an email to Dan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
Joe Hermsen wrote:

Good catch. I fixed my card and sent an email to Dan.

Oh Dean - Try to ask Dan about updating the KS page, you folks already hit the $40k stretch goal and seem well on the way to achieving $45k.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To Dean Brown, thanks for the mention of my feedback. Glad to help.

To all.. B-17 Leader is now posted on my store as "COMING SOON!".. it will be made available for preorder once the KS campaign has ended.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In posted rules, Sturmgruppen is Mistranslated as Storm Troopers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Spring City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LongTom wrote:
In posted rules, Sturmgruppen is Mistranslated as Storm Troopers.

Hi Jim.
I actually used the term from an Osprey book I bought. As you are probably pointing out, I guess it isn't a direct translation.... More "descriptive".
Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.