Deep Space D-6» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ouroboros "put into play" rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Duckett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Please advise on which of these is correct when playing the Ouroboros Variant where you hold all of the Ouroboros cards until the very end of the game:

1. Draw the last standard threat card, then also immediately place Ouroboros into play and roll for threat (twice because of Attack Matrix).

2. Draw the last standard threat card, roll for threat. Take another turn and put Ouroboros into play as the next "threat" card.

I assume it is the first one but I wondering how this is being interpreted on this variant. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do option 2 but that's because I usually need all the help I can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[2] as it would truly be the last card in the threat deck.

I also think this would be the easiest variant as you don't have to worry about any other threats, that weren't already there, showing up.
I usually just shuffle everything together...fun but brutal.
[win rate sadly low, entertainment value ridiculously high]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Duckett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I've lost every game to Ouroboros no matter how I play the final encounter. I am going to continue to play on easy until I win once. Most often go into the last encounter fully stocked and get killed immediately before taking any actions. I'm not sure I care for that lack of balance. Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jurd269 wrote:
I've lost every game to Ouroboros no matter how I play the final encounter. I am going to continue to play on easy until I win once. Most often go into the last encounter fully stocked and get killed immediately before taking any actions. I'm not sure I care for that lack of balance. Am I missing something?

I don't think so. It took me a good 10 games to get a win, on easy. Sometimes the dice go your way, or (most often) they don't. If the threat die triggers too many threats in quick succession, there's little you can do to avoid destruction. Especially when you have the internal threat that makes you roll the threat die twice! ARGH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.