48.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the CE, hate the CE Influence cubes. At the time of the CE release there was some rumbling, but has anyone actually come up with a decent replacement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Montanus
United States
Twin Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very happy using the Deluxe Edition cardboard chits - I didn't expect to like them more than the wooden pieces but I do.

But I would still love a solution for the other game markers - tanks, space ships, and missiles, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My deluxe 2011 edition has cardboard chits. Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Montanus
United States
Twin Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies. I've corrected my comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I 'upgraded' my influence cubes to a set of the cardboard chits. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you replace the wooden pieces with cardboard chits $200 is a lot of money just to have a new gameboard, upgraded cards, and a few miniatures.

Don't you agree?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most definitely. While I didn't spend nearly that much on it (the chits were nearly free and the KS price was discounted), the CE was still a massive disappointment.

But sunk costs and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pimped my TS with wooden discs a long time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to screw my opponent and drive him nuts...

Large screws represent battleground control, small ones control of non-battlegrounds. I have nuts of two different sizes to denote 1 and 5 influence points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm a big fan of using Chessex dice to show influence. Dark red or dark blue will show control of a country for the USSR or USA, respectively. Light red or light blue shows influence insufficient for control.

This method has the advantage of not requiring you to fish for a specific tile if you just want to add one or two influence. Two boxes of 36 Chessex d6 dice similar to the ones shown here are enough (one dark and one light) for the USA and USSR to be usable for an entire game of TS. In the occasional case of influence exceeding six, simple add another die to the country as required. I don't have a photo to show you of the system in action at the moment but I can provide one later if anyone is interested.

The best sizes for me are 12mm d6, although I suppose you could try dice with more sides if you wanted. Any of these are easy to find on amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Sparks
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know why some people have a problem with the cubes. I put them on top of the marker that has control. If there are two influence markers and one has control I just put the cube on top and in the middle of the two markers and you can see both numbers. As you play you usually know what is where if you're paying attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have no problem with the cubes. In fact I like them. They are "different" from what many may be used to using, but the adjustment to the cubes was not much of a stretch and now I can't imagine playing any other way. I know I'm a minority in this opinion, but ah well. They just work fine for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.