Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Xuereb
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This message is intended for board game enthusiasts in the Greater Victoria region on Vancouver Island.

Hi, I'm Michael Xuereb also known as Max, I've probably meet some of you at the various Days of Gaming or down at the cafe. I've been design games for a few years now and my first game CLONK has just been published with another game to follow hopefully. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/191901/clonk

I need help from the awesome local gaming community with some of my other game designs. As new board game designs near completion ready to be sent to publishers they need a lot of blind play testing and I wanted to enlist your help.

Whats blind play testing, its basically me sending you a copy of the full game, with rules, all the components in a box and leaving you to learn and play on your own. For your part you get to play a game before its published, provide feedback which in turn helps shape the final game.

If you and your group are interested in helping with some blind play testing please let me know and I will provide more details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
East Sooke
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Max! If it's not a really heavy game and it plays 2, I would be happy to help blind test with my gal, but I can't reliably commit to getting meaningful testing at other player counts, and she doesn't go for heavier fare (like Agricola is a bit overwhelming for her still). Shoot me an email if you want us to give it a run. If you don't still have my email then just gm me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Vancouver, not Victoria, but if you need help I have a substantial and stable gaming group that meets every week. We can play-test your game. I realize you asked for Victoria-area gamers, but I'm offering just in case. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asian North American Playing Euro Games In Africa
Niger
Niamey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Max,

I'm also in Vancouver, so if you are ok with that, then I am willing to playtest your game.

Is it a euro, ameristyle, party, or war game? GM me if you'd like the help.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lowery
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hey Max, I have a fairly regular gaming group up to 4 players and can gather a group for larger (6-8) at times but it would have to be a lighter game. Up to 4 though; we can handle any weight game. I would love to find out how we could help you.

George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a Vancouver dweller with consistent weekly group...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess A
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm by Uptown and I'd love to playtest with my group! I have different people I play with. Some are more casual but I have a core of 3-6 that will try complicated games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mxuereb wrote:
This message is intended for board game enthusiasts in the Greater Victoria region on Vancouver Island.
]
Oh man, now I want to move to Greater Victoria just so I can call myself "a Victorian"! (Or maybe that's just the Neal Stephenson manifesting...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, "Victorian" made me think of this Mitchell and Webb Look sketch (NSFW):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Vancouver as well, but definitely would be interested to try something new. I'd be happy to playtest and provide feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle English
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello if you want some U.S. Play I would be more than happy to try it out. It seems right up my ally and I am a playtester and Demo person for several game companies and part of a large gaming group that can get you lots of info. If so just send me and email at Cheelara1@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Walsh

Victoria
British Columbia
msg tools
mbmb
Hey Max - I am sure we can round up the number needed for a blind test of your new game. I look forward to playing more of your games.

Warren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Metro Vancouver, and I would be happy to help too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Max!

I'd be up for trying your game!

I'm not sure about Darin - how much he plays will likely depend on how interactive the game is (he doesn't like multi-player solitaire). But I have other people I can play with too, if it ends up not being his style of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Philip
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
If you are willing to have a copy come up to Nanaimo, I would be more than willing to bring your game to my game group. I am also a designer and will be in need of some blind play testing in the near future as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.