Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barnaby James
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hamilton Tabletop Gaming Society is pleased to present their second Broadsword Games Day.

Come and join us for a Day of gaming at the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry Veterans Association, 1353 Barton Street East, Hamilton, Ontario.

Entrance is $10 - Tickets will be available via Eventbrite shortly.
Gamers 18 and under are Free!

Follow us on Facebook and share the event with anybody who might be interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/850615485044914/

The last Games Day had a solid boardgaming component with Cthulhu Wars and a bunch of Open Gaming.

We also have scheduled games for Strange Aeons, Bolt Action, Heroscape, A Fistful of Kung Fu and much more.

We are still looking for people to host events, if you are interested in hosting a game, drop us an e-mail at info@htgs.ca or PM me here on the geek.

Keep an eye on our website for updates - www.htgs.ca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Steinberg
Canada
Hamilton
ontario
flag msg tools
I will be hosting the following games, in the morning to early afternoon I will be focusing on lighter easier to entry board games. I have paired each game with a 20-30 min opener type game. So signing up will be for both games listed in the time slot.
In the afternoon I have decided to switch to light-medium weight strategy games. I will teach the rules, and play along providing additional rule explanation when needed.

9:30am:
(Need 1-3 players)
Love letter and Tobago
Love letter is a small deduction game, don't let the name fool you; it's a lot of fun. Tobago is a good family style game about working together, while looking out for number 1, to find buried treasure on an island. Whoever has the most gold wins.

11am:
Bang the dice game & king of Tokyo
(Need 4-5 players)
Like rolling dice? These games may be for you. In Bang the dice game you and either the sherif, the deputy or and outlaw trying to kill each other. The twist, you don't know who is who.
King of Tokyo you take the roll of a monster trying to destroy Tokyo and the other monsters at the table. Collect cool powers to boost your chances. First to 20 points, or last monster standing is the winner!

1:00pm - lunch

1:30
Codenames and small world
(Need 3-5 players)
In code names you take the roll of a spy giving clues based on common words on the table, in order to help your fellow spy figure out the code words. Do so before the other team does and you win. Small world is a light area control game where you try to conquer as much as the map as you can. When your tribe gets spread too thin you can abandon them and take control of a new tribe.

4pm:
Kemet
(Need 2-4 players)
An area control war game set in ancient Egypt, fight for control of temples and earn victory points. Purchase awesome powers and monsters to help you dominate your opponents.

6:30pm:
Blood rage
(Need 2-4 players)
A Norse Viking theme game where you fight to complete personal objectives, while combating to prevent your enemies from completing theirs. This game is not straight war, as sometimes the objective is to die in glorious battle. Blood rage is a hybrid Euro-ameriatrash game.

8pm:
Age of empires III (age of discovery)
(Need 2-5 players)
Colonize the new world, discover new places, send soldiers to destroy your opponents, collect goods, buy technologies. Age of empires has it all in this classic worker placement game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Carter
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd like to get some Cosmic Encounter in. Anyone else down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sign up for the set of three games below. Have only played Blood Rage.

Thanks.

josh_is_great wrote:

4pm:
Kemet
(Need 2-4 players)
An area control war game set in ancient Egypt, fight for control of temples and earn victory points. Purchase awesome powers and monsters to help you dominate your opponents.

6:30pm:
Blood rage
(Need 2-4 players)
A Norse Viking theme game where you fight to complete personal objectives, while combating to prevent your enemies from completing theirs. This game is not straight war, as sometimes the objective is to die in glorious battle. Blood rage is a hybrid Euro-ameriatrash game.

8pm:
Age of empires III (age of discovery)
(Need 2-5 players)
Colonize the new world, discover new places, send soldiers to destroy your opponents, collect goods, buy technologies. Age of empires has it all in this classic worker placement game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Steinberg
Canada
Hamilton
ontario
flag msg tools
Due to a change in my work schedule I have made some modifications to the board games I will be hosting. Sorry if I removed a game you were wanting to try.

9:30am:
(Need 1-3 players)
Love letter and Tobago
Love letter is a small deduction game, don't let the name fool you; it's a lot of fun. Tobago is a good family style game about working together, while looking out for number 1, to find buried treasure on an island. Whoever has the most gold wins.

11am:
king of Tokyo
(Need 2-5 players)
King of Tokyo you take the roll of a monster trying to destroy Tokyo and the other monsters at the table. Roll dice and Collect cool powers to boost your chances. First to 20 points, or last monster standing is the winner!

Noon - lunch

12:30:
Small World
(Need 1-5 players)
In code names you take the roll of a spy giving clues based on common words on the table, in order to help your fellow spy figure out the code words. Do so before the other team does and you win. Small world is a light area control game where you try to conquer as much as the map as you can. When your tribe gets spread too thin you can abandon them and take control of a new tribe.

3pm:
Kemet
(Need 2-4 players)

5:30pm:
Blood rage
(Need 2-4 players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still in for Kemet and maybe Blood Rage. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Can I pay at the door, or just through Eventbrite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to skip this event unfortunately due a family get together.

Good gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barnaby James
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theclergy wrote:
Can I pay at the door, or just through Eventbrite?

You can most certainly pay at the door.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.