GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 120.14
45.6% of Goal | left
I am new to this site so hope I am posting in the correct location.
We have the game "First Around the World" and have misplaced the instructions.
I wondered if anyone could help?
Try looking that game up in the bgg database. You will find forums and files uploaded for most games.
Here is the game's page:
Sometimes users will post the rules in the "Files" section, but I just looked and no luck so far.
So, I posted in that game's General Forum "Does anyone know if the rules are posted anywhere?"
Rules posted anywhere?
Go to this thread and click on the word "Subscribe". If someone replies, it will show up on your subscriptions (which are near the very top and mostly left part of the screen just under the envelope.
I took a spin around Google and the only thing I could find for this game was a German review. I don't speak German so I don't know if there's a rules overview but if you go there and Google translate it maybe that will be helpful? I can't translate it on my phone so I don't know.
I took a spin around Google and the only thing I could find for this game was a German review
. I don't speak German so I don't know if there's a rules overview but if you go there and Google translate it maybe that will be helpful? I can't translate it on my phone so I don't know.
There actually is a rules overview. Not sure if it's enough to actually play the game with, though.
- The goal cards are sorted by continent.
- Every player takes a goal card from a stack of their choice. This goal card tells you your starting location in the game.
- Each player receives his three answer cards and takes 4 tickets of their choice.
- The goal cards are divided according to a table in the instructions (boo!), depending on the number of players.
Playing the game:
- A player rolls the die/dice and can play one of their tickets before or after rolling.
- The die roll, modified by bonuses from the used tickets tells you how far the player is allowed to move.
- A player is only allowed to move horizontally or vertically. There are tickets that allow you to move diagonally.
- When a player reaches a goal place, they read the question and answers on the goal card out loud. All players tap on the right answer. The current player taps whether all players tap right or one a possibly incorrect answer of a player.
- The game ends when a player reaches his last goal place. This player wins the game.
- In the last goal city, no more quiz is had.
- You're allowed to move fewer steps than you rolled.
- A boat journey begins and ends on dry land. The point on dry land is not allowed to be a city.
- A played ticket must be used.
That's all there is, and my German is a bit wonky. The bit about tapping on answers didn't make much sense to me, but eh