Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering pre-ordering this from a continental European outlet.

At a glance, the game components appear not to be language dependent. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone help?

I see the version I am looking at says its VF (Version francais) but does it matter, beyond a rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you could deal with all of the quick-reference cards being in French, I think you would be OK. Most of the other components either don't have any writing, or the written names would be close enough that you could figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:
As long as you could deal with all of the quick-reference cards being in French, I think you would be OK. Most of the other components either don't have any writing, or the written names would be close enough that you could figure it out.

Gotcha, and thanks.

What are the quick ref cards? Basically, simple rules summaries per player?

My French is fine, but for non francophones I imagine I could print out English versions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules are easy part. On reference cards you have all heroes and wonders sxplained. But it is not a lot of text, so you can translate it easily. Or just explain each hero/wonder as they appear in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mark,

You can also download the rulebook (in English) from Academy Games (requires registration login but otherwise works nicely).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

It's perverse that the English version is so more expensive than the French version, for a game that - cheat cheats aside - is language free.

There's something wrong here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Thanks.

It's perverse that the English version is so more expensive than the French version, for a game that - cheat cheats aside - is language free.

I'm in the same position as you, very interested in this, but 1 UK store has is for £20 more than a french store. Don't know why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hughwyeth wrote:
MrMT wrote:
Thanks.

I'm in the same position as you, very interested in this, but 1 UK store has is for £20 more than a french store. Don't know why.

In the US, it's selling for $50.

What also gets me, is that the kickstarter included the "expansion" for free, which includes a whole bunch of core design elements (2 player rules, objectives etc). But for those who missed out on the ks, this expansion is now being sold for almost as much as the base game.

All in all, this looks like a good game, but expensive for what it is in the UK. I guess this is linked to the general production mess that appears to have transpired, which is a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameslore looks to have it next week for £56.99.

Perhaps BoardGameGuru will lower their price too? It seems rather expensive to me for what you get component wise. The way they split up the plastic components and the expansion means you'd have to spend over £100 to get the game matched to the KS version. Contents wise it seems similar to Antike II, which is about £30 in store. Either way, i'll be getting a copy soon.meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hughwyeth wrote:
Gameslore looks to have it next week for £56.99.

Perhaps BoardGameGuru will lower their price too? It seems rather expensive to me for what you get component wise. The way they split up the plastic components and the expansion means you'd have to spend over £100 to get the game matched to the KS version. Contents wise it seems similar to Antike II, which is about £30 in store. Either way, i'll be getting a copy soon.:meeple:

Yes, I saw that, thanks. I think my ardour may have cooled, however.

It looks like a fun game, but at this price point I question whether I really need another hybrid type war/resources/special powers game. I adore Cyclades, and suspect it scratches a very similar itch.

At a lower price I would have leaped on this, but as is, I'll wait for a trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hart
United Kingdom
Ripon
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the base game plus expansion (Asynchron edition) in a sale for £60. Delivered free to family in France, so I can pick it up when on holiday next month . I have downloaded the English rules, which include the heroes and wonders descriptions, from the Academy Games website.

Yes, games are massively over priced in the UK, but they only get away with it because "we" keep paying them. I was once told it was because there is only one main retail distributor in the UK, Esdevium? If you are prepared to wait, the English edition will eventually turn up in a sale somewhere in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.