Subject: Using equipment left behind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Let's say you come upon a straight river card that has a canoe on it. Can you immediately use the canoe to change over to the other section and continue along your merry way? Or must you stop, end your turn, pick up the canoe at the start of your next turn, then immediately drop it, change sections, and then proceed?

I guess that same question applies to similar circumstances:
You traverse onto a bridge card where a player had previously left a rope behind to change sections.
You traverse onto a cave card where a player previously left a flashlight.
Or a hedge card where a player previously left a machete.

I guess one of the things that bothers me a little is the rule that says I have to start my turn on a card with a piece of equipment in order to pick up that equipment. I don't see why I can't just pick it up while moving, thematically speaking, that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

As you indicate, you must start your turn on a card with an item to pick it up. You can then, on your next turn, use one item at any point (including on the card you started your turn).

Thematically... you have to FIND that item on the card, and you are encumbered by carrying it around (ok, not so much a flashlight, but lugging that canoe through the woods is tough! ).

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.