2 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: STAW + SFB Ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wartopia Wartopia
msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone tried playing STAW with Star Fleet Battles miniatures beyond the ships that actually "overlap"?

What I mean by that is SFB includes lots of ships beyond the STAW collection. So this would entail creating ship cards for SFB ship models for use with the STAW system.

We play a heavily modified version of STAW so this approach seems like a natural.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wartopia wrote:
Has anyone tried playing STAW with Star Fleet Battles miniatures beyond the ships that actually "overlap"?

What I mean by that is SFB includes lots of ships beyond the STAW collection. So this would entail creating ship cards for SFB ship models for use with the STAW system.

We play a heavily modified version of STAW so this approach seems like a natural.

I've done a lot of that, but the problem is that the SFB minis are mostly lead/pewter and they break pretty easily on transport and it gets kind of old to bring them along. I'd rather do shapeways minis which are light plastic which stay in one piece (mostly) in the box.

I've done a lot of them though, so if you tell me which ones you have maybe I can post (or repost) a few of the cards. I don't usually do upgrade cards except on a few ships (enterprise B and C etc.). It's viable to do though. The power level I start with is the Constitution and up the power level some for larger SFB ships like the Dreadnought, the Mars Battleship, and the big Klingon dreadnoughts and battleships.

But there is a lot of design choices here and you might not like my interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.