Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every so often someone will start a thread in a game's forums asking why it's currently in The Hotness. I think it would be much better to put all such questions in one place, because of the very brief relevance of such questions.

I'll begin: Why Colonial: Europe's Empires Overseas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
euronoob

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just ask in the game's forums b/c those are the people most likely to know the answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Phillips
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hrhtomas wrote:
Every so often someone will start a thread in a game's forums asking why it's currently in The Hotness. I think it would be much better to put all such questions in one place, because of the very brief relevance of such questions.

I'll begin: Why Colonial: Europe's Empires Overseas?

Someone is selling a copy on a Facebook board game sale/trade group. That's my guess why. I know that's why I looked it up this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cullen Faugno
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT just put it on sale in their latest update, so that probably drove some traffic to the BGG page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, in general it could be a sale, contest, release, or news. Basically, a bunch of people clicked on the game within whatever time limit BGG has set up. Certainly nothing worth worrying over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
This thread can't really work because people would have to subscribe to this thread to answer the question and really there is no reason to. It's much better to ask the people who really know the game and subscribe to that game's forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
This thread can't really work because people would have to subscribe to this thread to answer the question and really there is no reason to. It's much better to ask the people who really know the game and subscribe to that game's forums.

Perhaps. It's worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.