Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally ordered this because it said up to 4 players. But now after I got it and read the back of the designer's notes, it mentions it's intended for 2 players, but can play 4 people. Is this a good experience for 4 people? Is there enough to do for each person?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! Actually, my preferred method of play is with four players. Our last few playtest sessions were only done with four players and they were an absolute blast. I preferred playing the Central Allies (Austria-Hungary, Turkey and Bulgaria) as it is a real challenge to contribute to the Central Powers cause and survive as well! With the Eastern Allies player controlling both Russia and the US, there's is plenty for him/her to do as well.

Enjoy and thanks for buying the game!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
With the Eastern Allies player controlling both Russia and the US, there's is plenty for him/her to do as well.

That was a very smart bit of development, Hermann!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey! Actually, my preferred method of play is with four players. Our last few playtest sessions were only done with four players and they were an absolute blast. I preferred playing the Central Allies (Austria-Hungary, Turkey and Bulgaria) as it is a real challenge to contribute to the Central Powers cause and survive as well! With the Eastern Allies player controlling both Russia and the US, there's is plenty for him/her to do as well.

Enjoy and thanks for buying the game!

Hermann

Good to hear. Our club is really excited for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
While the notes indicate it's primarily a two player game, that's more because the victory conditions are based upon one of the two alliances winning (Triple Entente or Central Powers)and there are no provisions for an individual winner among a victorious pair in a four player contest. That said, the game was designed from the beginning with the intent to be played as either two or four player with no rules changes. It also works equally well with three.

For me, four player is the most fun. With two players it was more serious - I didn't have to worry about the potential shortcomings of my alliance partner but also had to accept full responsibility when I lost the war.

Thanks for your interest,

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We always preferred to playtest it with four players. There was plenty to do and plenty to discuss. I never found it drag with four players, probably because each faction was either attacking or being attacked or being threatened during each player's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.