Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike L
United States
Tiverton
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing last night (great game!), I ran into some Recon cards that seem linked to other missions. They tell me to meet X goal and put a marker on the corresponding objective card. Since these are tied to other missions, should I:

1. Take them out of the recon deck when creating the draw deck
2. Play them (and any text associated), ignoring the objective
3. Play them and follow the rules of any text - for example, one card had me pinned to an altar until another hero came and rescued me. It's tied to another mission and not applicable to mine, is that okay?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikester9809 wrote:
When playing last night (great game!), I ran into some Recon cards that seem linked to other missions. They tell me to meet X goal and put a marker on the corresponding objective card. Since these are tied to other missions, should I:

3. Play them and follow the rules of any text - for example, one card had me pinned to an altar until another hero came and rescued me. It's tied to another mission and not applicable to mine, is that okay?

Thanks in advance!

You are not setting up the recon deck as instructed in the rules. If you follow the instructions correctly these cards should not be in your recon deck for this game. I do not have the rules in front of me, but to construct the recon deck for a mission, you select only the mission cards that are described in the set-up section of the briefing for the mission you are playing, then mix in a specific number of the generic recon cards. Mission cards for the other missions should never be in your recon deck for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
mikester9809 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Each mission has a recon deck of just 12 cards comprising some mission specific cards and some generic ones (look at the bottom of the cards and you will see codes that make it clear which is which).

The small mission book tells you how to build the recon deck for each mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L
United States
Tiverton
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks. I somehow missed that. It said in the first mission to set up the recon deck with 2 certain cards and 10 random event cards. So I'll keep an eye out for the codes on the bottom of the cards when setting up again. One of those other cards made things very difficult!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this same mistake the first time I played the game. The Recon cards are labelled on the text side as either "Event" or "Discovery" with specific discovery cards being used with a particular mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
siljanus wrote:
I made this same mistake the first time I played the game. The Recon cards are labelled on the text side as either "Event" or "Discovery" with specific discovery cards being used with a particular mission.

Exactly. Take out all the Discovery cards. You only use the ones specific for that mission. Then fill to 12 with random Event cards.

Here's the rulebook quote that you missed:

Quote:
Shuffle the event cards and draw the number specified by the
Mission Briefing, returning the rest to the game box. Then,
gather the discovery cards specified by the Mission Briefing
and shuffle them together with the selected event cards to
form the recon deck.

[Note: The recon deck should always consist of exactly
12 cards!]

Page 5 of FTZ rulebook with original emphasis

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L
United States
Tiverton
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, much clearer now. Not sure how I missed this when the book is actually pretty small. For a simple ruleset this game has a good amount of depth, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Name
msg tools
mbmbmb
My brother and I made the same mistake our first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.