Popular Tags: [View All]
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

FYI I have uploaded another expansion to the files section. This one covers Fleet Boat operations in the Aleutians 1942-43. The mod also incorporates the material from my Fleet Boats Mini-Mod, so that anyone desiring a more authentic early-war experience can use Mk 10 torpedoes and .30 cal AA guns, and also to convert it to PDF format.
To play you will also need to download the Pigboats! patrol map, Pigboats! counters, and the Pigboats! Charts & Tables.
If any issues with the mod are found, please leave feedback. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mb
James -

Nice to see this. I appreciate your efforts with this and the S-Boat mod (and I'll never forget the one transit box and done after an air attack sank my S-boat - fastest game of Hunters/SV ever for me!) I plan to try this out after I have a go or two with Compass Games' Lamps Are Going Out. Hmmm, I wonder if Greg will get to do a WWI sub game (and get the Austro-Hungarian subs in the Med with von Trapp)?

BTW - I recently read Fatal Diveabout the loss of Grunion and the skipper's sons long search for the sub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavs Fan wrote:
James -

Nice to see this. I appreciate your efforts with this and the S-Boat mod (and I'll never forget the one transit box and done after an air attack sank my S-boat - fastest game of Hunters/SV ever for me!) I plan to try this out after I have a go or two with Compass Games' Lamps Are Going Out. Hmmm, I wonder if Greg will get to do a WWI sub game (and get the Austro-Hungarian subs in the Med with von Trapp)?

BTW - I recently read Fatal Diveabout the loss of Grunion and the skipper's sons long search for the sub.

Thanks; glad you enjoyed Pigboats! Fleet Boats North! should pretty much be a wrap for North Pacific ops. I have one more expansion planned. That one will be a V-boats mod, and will introduce the rest of the V-class subs. Underwater GFX for the Barracuda class is proving to be a real stumbling block. Once I finally locate something useable, the rest of the mod will fall into place quickly. Stay tuned.
Concerning WW1, I also would very much like to see a game about that.
I recently read Von Trapp's book "To The Last Salute", about his time in the Austro-Hungarian submarine force.
Absolutely incredible. I cannot imagine going to sea in a gasoline-powered sub, with everyone constantly passing out from carbon monoxide poisoning.
I also recently read up on the loss of the USS Grunion. It seems S-boats weren't the only ones to suffer from dive planes failures. Apparently the control linkage for stern planes in fleet boats was a high failure item as well, and it is now believed that some of the boats still missing may have been lost due to jammed stern planes. Interesting stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.