BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Spiel 2016 going to set records... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
According to this news article (German only, I'm afraid) Spiel 2016 is all set to smash some records: more than 1000 exhibitors are expected (up from 911 in 2015, in itself a record), from 50 countries (up from 41 in 2015)... and to accomodate them all halls 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and the Galeria will be used.

Crikey.

One little snag: the entry price will be raised somewhat. A 1-day access pass for an adult will cost €13, up from €11,50. (Which has been like that for an eternity.)

Better get my endurance walking up to par: there's going to be a lot of ground to cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
and the Galeria will be used.

Oh great, so hopefully no crazy fat & fried food odor in there. It was intense. I have had some meetings there and also walked through the Galeria several times and that smell was a big turn-off.

cymric wrote:
there's going to be a lot of ground to cover.

I am afraid that is true. Hopefully we don't have to take our elbows out when walking through the halls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
cymric wrote:
and the Galeria will be used.

Oh great, so hopefully no crazy fat & fried food odor in there. It was intense. I have had some meetings there and also walked through the Galeria several times and that smell was a big turn-off.

cymric wrote:
there's going to be a lot of ground to cover.

I am afraid that is true. Hopefully we don't have to take our elbows out when walking through the halls.

I expect them to have the same stuff in there as every year. Food booths + children area. So no change in smell expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.