Hide
5 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are Everra and Cormund planets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Bennett
msg tools
I know FAQ says that for building the galaxy they should be treated as red bordered (special) systems.

However does that mean that after placing one you have to place a regular planet hex? This seems weird.

If it is the other way you might be in a situation where you have to place in a certain spot which borders a special, have to place a planet and only have one of these left. In that case you have to break at least one rule, which would take precedence?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The relevant rule isn't related to placing red-bordered systems specifically, but rather that if you place a system without a planet, your next placement must have a planet, if possible. Those two systems are red-bordered systems, but they have planets in them, so they would satisfy the "planet" requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in a situation where you must either break the "no two red-bordered systems adjacent" rule or the "must now place a planet" rule, then you are free to do as you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bennett
msg tools
Thank you both, that's what I was hoping for on both accounts.

Presumably the second would force a reveal to.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C R

New York
msg tools
In fact if you look in the rules (i don't remember where) but space stations are also considered "planets"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.