Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Orleans after I saw a game play video, and really appreciated how intuitive the game looked... I haven't had a chance to play with my game group yet, but I've finished 3 games with my (almost) four year old since she keeps bugging me to play!

The only things I really need to cover are the event tile events, new buildings, and helping her figure out how many workers she's supposed to draw... She loves the worker draw, she gets the worker placement, she knows what the actions do (and has memorized most of the names)... Obviously the scoring and strategy are not really part of her game yet--like choosing where to put workers in the Town Square or optimizing actions... But I think she's got all the basics down...

We shortened our last game to 11 turns, and that seems just the right length for attention span... I'm afraid/proud to say, she beat me 49 to 47 this morning...

I'm psyched to play this with my group, but so pleased to unexpectedly get a game for my daughter and I! Now if only I can convince her mum to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Schafer
United States
Stoughton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, I am itching to get my copy to table and now i'm going to try and do it with my 7 y/o.. if it's that intuitive i'm sure she'll pick it up .. we play carcasone, sushi go, blueprints. etc. Thanks for the session report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qbela wrote:
wow, I am itching to get my copy to table and now i'm going to try and do it with my 7 y/o.. if it's that intuitive i'm sure she'll pick it up .. we play carcasone, sushi go, blueprints. etc. Thanks for the session report

Lemme know how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.