Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-clarita-fi...

About 7 miles from my house. 11,000 acres in 1 day and about 10% contained. I can see the flames at night. Just what we needed here! Not sure what games I'll bring if I have to evacuate... I don't think Kingdom Death will fit in my car.

Terrible laptop pictures from front yard:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be safe and remember games can be replaced, you and your family can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Be safe and remember games can be replaced, you and your family can't.

What about OOP games? Just kidding. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Woke up yesterday to a blood red sun and ashes on my car. Are wild fires always this apocalyptic? (New to sgv)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Woke up yesterday to a blood red sun and ashes on my car. Are wild fires always this apocalyptic? (New to sgv)

Yes. I've lived here about 15 years and can remember 4-5 particularly devastating ones. I got well over a month off of school during High School from "fire days"... that we just lost from our summer vacation gulp

Today's nice and clear, at least at my house. I can actually go outside. Apparently we're at 22,000 acres, still 10% containment.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-clarita-fi...

My mom actually works about a mile from where the fire originated, and outdoors! She was there all day yesterday. No idea what she or the company is thinking staying open like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
Those who continue to demonstrate will be subject to arrest.
mbmb
I don't understand "10% contained". It sounds like saying "this water is in 10% of a cup". Which is really more like saying "this shard of a cup is sitting in a puddle".

Does it mean something like "of the 360 degrees of directions it could possibly spread, we've forestalled further progress in this particular 36-degree arc"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
I don't understand "10% contained". It sounds like saying "this water is in 10% of a cup". Which is really more like saying "this shard of a cup is sitting in a puddle".

Does it mean something like "of the 360 degrees of directions it could possibly spread, we've forestalled further progress in this particular 36-degree arc"?

Hmm...

yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh J
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Containment really just means that fire lines/breaks have been established and hot spots have been taken care of. 10% is nothing. shake I worked a few big fires during my time as a firefighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.