The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary» Forums » General

Subject: Miniture Count? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maximilian Eberl
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone done a miniture count for this project yet? I get confused... Can someone clear this up for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The different tiers:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Survivor tier: core game without the miniatures (+ some of the SG's without minis!) (40$).
- No sanctuary tier: Core game + First expansion + miniatures + SG's (115$/125$)
- Cherokee Rose tier: No sanctuary tier + Second expansion + your own walker miniature + exclusive Lori miniature + SG's (1000$)
- Whatever it takes tier: No sanctuary tier + Second expansion + your own survivor miniature and cards + exclusive Lori miniature + SG's (2500$)
- Chocolate pudding tier: No sanctuary tier + Second expansion + exclusive Lori miniature + SG's + all your miniatures painted (5000$)
- Save the last one tier: for retailers (6 No sanctuary tiers + SG's for 450$)

With the No Sanctuary Tier (the standard one), so far, you get these 81 miniatures:

Core game:

- 1x Rick
- 1x Glenn
- 1x Andrea
- 1x Standard Daryl
- 20x City Walkers
- 5x Season 1 Rivals

What lies ahead expansion (included in the tier):

- 1x Maggie
- 1x Hershel
- 1x Beth
- 1x Otis
- 10x Fire Walkers
- 5x Season 2 Rivals

Extra for free:

- 1x Dale
- 1x Exclusive Hunter Daryl (an alternative Daryl character + 5 plastic crossbow tokens)
- 1x Vision of Lori (Her ghost with its own mechanics. For the fully fledged character, look for the "Exclusive Lori Grimes" add-on here below)
- 10x Crawling Walkers

(San Diego Comic Con) Enemy Pack for free:

- 5x City Walkers
- 5x Fire Walkers
- 5x Season 1 Rivals
- 5x Season 2 Rivals

With a little chance, you'll get 90 miniatures in total if these are unlocked:

Still to be unlocked:

- 1x Governor (likely)
- 5x female Walkers (likely)
- 1x Shane
- 1x T-Dog
- 1x Merle

And if you pay an extra, these are the miniatures you can also get right now:

Killer Within Expansion (not free):

- 1x Tyreese
- 1x Carl
- 1x Carol
- 1x Michone
- 10x Riot Gear Walkers
- 5x Season 3 Rivals (prisoners)

Add-ons (not free)

- 1x Exclusive Lori Grimes (the standard Lori character this time, not her ghost)
- 4x Civilians ("Iconic Civilian Pack" that will replace standard tokens)
- 30x 3D plastic tokens ("Stuff and things Pack")

Eventually, this is what you get with the No Sanctuary tier:

With no add-on, you''ll get 90 miniatures for sure (115$).
Including the available add-ons you'll get 105 miniatures + 30 miniature tokens for sure (205$).
If everything is unlocked (not guaranteed at all) + all the add-ons, we end up with a grand total of 114 miniatures + 30 miniature tokens.
There might be other stretch goals in the future but just don't count on them as it seems unlikely that we'll get there...

About the confusion:

There is nothing weird with their presentation.
I almost copied and pasted what's on their campaign page.
The only thing is that people are confusing the standard Early bird tier and the Comic Con Early bird tier.
But it's very easy to get: they are exactly the same. The only thing that changes is the name.
You don't have to go to the Comic Con or anything and you'll get the same game, expansions and miniatures at the same time on your door step.
They just added some extra Early bird slots but they gave it a fancy name.
They thought that it would be cool to relate it somehow to the Comic Con but it was a mistake as people think it's a different tier and that they have to attend to the Comic Con which is not the case at all.

I hope it helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very awesome rundown Baylock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good summary.
However, the Survivor pledge gets stretch goals, not all of them, only a few.
Right now the Dale cards, character sheet and tokens are included in the Survivor level. The only thing they don't receive is the mini.
Any other survivors that we unlock are also included on the Survivor level without the minis.
Even the dice are included on the Survivor level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a bit misleading, the Core Game with minis at retail is going to have Dale, and likely Shane, T-Dog and Merle. They've been clear non-exclusive stuff fills out the base game. They are using stretch goals to put in planned content that everyone (including retail purchasers) will get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Eberl
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the great summary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
Good summary.
However, the Survivor pledge gets stretch goals, not all of them, only a few.
Right now the Dale cards, character sheet and tokens are included in the Survivor level. The only thing they don't receive is the mini.
Any other survivors that we unlock are also included on the Survivor level without the minis.
Even the dice are included on the Survivor level.

It's been edited, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
Also a bit misleading, the Core Game with minis at retail is going to have Dale, and likely Shane, T-Dog and Merle. They've been clear non-exclusive stuff fills out the base game. They are using stretch goals to put in planned content that everyone (including retail purchasers) will get.

More than a bit misleading, I really don't get stretch goals for something that we would get anyway, how is that a stretch goal if it is going to be included even if we don't meet the stretch goal?

I had an early bird, dropped it because it was just too confusing and didn't look like we were going anywhere, picked up a replacement Early Bird halfway through the campaign when it looked like the miniatures would be reasonably compatible with my Zombicide heroes and then dropped down to $1 when it looked like it would be just as easy to get it at retail without having to buy an expansion.

At this stage I would really only be in it for the minis to use in another game or at least wait until some reviews come in from other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it very unusual when backers refer to Dale is a "free extra" when Crypto have confirmed that he is going into the retail box (along with T-Dog, Merle, and Shane if they unlock), so everybody who buys the game at retail will get those "extras" as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I find it very unusual when backers refer to Dale is a "free extra" when Crypto have confirmed that he is going into the retail box (along with T-Dog, Merle, and Shane if they unlock), so everybody who buys the game at retail will get those "extras" as well.

When the stretch goals up to $375k were posted, Dale was not listed. It's likely he would have been the $400k goal. He can be called a "free extra" as Crypto gave him away when the game funded at $250k instead of waiting until $400k.

T-Dog, Merle, and Shane could end up being "free extras" as well as $375k is likely out of reach as people have started bailing on the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

When the stretch goals up to $375k were posted, Dale was not listed. It's likely he would have been the $400k goal. He can be called a "free extra" as Crypto gave him away when the game funded at $250k instead of waiting until $400k.

T-Dog, Merle, and Shane could end up being "free extras" as well as $375k is likely out of reach as people have started bailing on the campaign.

Oh, come on. They are putting those characters in the retail box. Everybody will get those characters. Calling them "free extras" makes it sound like they are an additional benefit for backing now, and they aren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Mandor wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Oh, come on. They are putting those characters in the retail box. Everybody will get those characters. Calling them "free extras" makes it sound like they are an additional benefit for backing now, and they aren't.

While I do't agree with that perspective, it is one way of looking at it. In a "not only is the glass half full, but it also comes with a glass" type way.

Personally I see Crypto setting $375k as the funding needed just to complete the base game as incredibly naive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Kahley
msg tools
mbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Mandor wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Exactly the problem for me. I want to see at bare minimum the same option / value retail will see. Not less! And giving me a bunch more zombies or duplicate stuff doesn't work. That means the base set needs to include the 8 characters planned for the retail release. This game will likely sell for around $90 and be widely available for $70 or so. Do not tell me things are earned stretch goals when they will be included in the base retail set and cost way less money. It feels dishonest to me. Perhaps Cryptozoic was planning on tossing them in at the end. Either way, that is why this whole thing went south for me. Seems dishonest or at least misleading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.