Popular Tags: [View All]
John Walker
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
P 3 of the rulebook states 5 corporation starting decks
lists the cards for each

P4. States that Our recommended corporate starting cards are marked with an R next to the listed corporation and card type.

In the deck there are many more corporation cards. which seem to have no advantage as a particular corporation. I am wondering if a selection of these cards could be part of your reserve deck. and the other cards shuffled back in the deck.

I also realised that when playing action cards you would use the attack value for brass and for every unit or building you destroyed you gained 1 brass. Together with the Mining platform, that is a lot of brass gained per turn.

Since you start with 20 or 25 brass per person to start with it would seem each game time could be quite short. They game says 60 minutes. Do you have a sense of how many rounds are typical for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
P3/4

Yes, we recommend for new players a set of corporate starting cards (they are all cheap and an outlet for you if you have 1 resource of something left over). Each recommending reserve deck of cards is worth the same brass value for balance. After playing awhile, you can definitely bring more strategy into the game by allowing players to build their own corporate starting decks (as long as they are the same value). For instance, say that all players get 10 brass in their reserve decks. Well as McGlynn, I may choose to add both Watchkeep Mimics (a personal favorite) to my reserve deck for 4 Brass and then fill it out with 6 other 1 brass value cards. Yes, the recommended reserve deck cards that you don't use could/should be shuffled into the center decks.

60 minutes is pretty accurate for 3-4 players, but you are correct that people can gain a lot of brass per turn. It's not linear and not uncommon to see players sweep 10+ brass on their turn in the final rounds. With experienced players, it will be quicker. Matt and I could play a head to head match in around 20 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.