Hide
4 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dice in the Data Core. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Moynihan
msg tools
During game setup and the start of each round, when setting up the Data Core Board, the rules state "At least half of the dice have to show basic colors (red, blue or gold). If not, keep re-rolling all the white, purple, and black dice together until this is true".

When announcing the end of turn and returning Data Dice to the Core by re-rolling any have been used before returning them, is it is possible that more than half the dice in the Data Core can contain non-basic symbols?

For my solo games, I am enforcing the rule that at least half of the dice must show basic symbols at the start of each round but the rule is not enforced in between turns.

Is this the correct application of the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That rule about half the dice being basic colors is only for setting up at the start of each round. It doesn't apply when you roll and return dice at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Roberts
msg tools
Just to confirm, let's say I use a red die from the data core to power one of the cards in my hand. While I can't use any more dice for the remainder of the turn, I can use as many Data Crystals in my ship's inventory to power up other cards as I like in the same turn, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Kickstarter - January 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
dmroberts wrote:
Just to confirm, let's say I use a red die from the data core to power one of the cards in my hand. While I can't use any more dice for the remainder of the turn, I can use as many Data Crystals in my ship's inventory to power up other cards as I like in the same turn, correct?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.