Subject: Creating wands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roy rehberg
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player use a shared glyph to pay the cost to create a wand? The text under wand in the rules makes it seem like this is possible. However, the rule under shared glyphs basically says that shared glyphs can only be used to cast spells. Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text under wands in the main rules says (pg 17);

Quote:
Wands can be acquired in the Workshop for three glyphs. Their function is indicated by a single glyph and they allow the wizard with the wand to use any glyph as if it were a glyph of the indicated type.

This ability extends to glyphs they receive from other wizards via shared glyph, but they are not able to use it to supply an altered glyph to another wizard.

The Shared Glyph secion (pg 15)

Quote:
Other players can use a shared
glyph to cast spells, but not to pay other costs.

The Gimoire for the Workshop says;

Quote:
You may spend a room action to acquire a wand. If you do, pay three glyphs from your glyph collection. Take a glyph that matches one of these from the supply and place it onto your wand space.

I'm fairly certain this means all three glyphs for creating your wand must come from your own collection. The last part of the Wand paragraph (I've separated it in the first quote). Means that you can use the ability of the wand on a shared glyphs. A #1 Glyph in another player's share box, can be used as which ever glyph your wand is for, but only by you, after creating your wand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roy rehberg
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I realized after I wrote the question that I misunderstood how wands work. I thought the glyph in the wand meant a player could automatically use that glyph. I didn't realize until after the game I played that a glyph still has to be spent to activate a wand. It all makes sense now thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.