Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else have issues with their DS9 models? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there guys I have 3 DS9 models, 2 Dominion War prizes and 1 retail. I have noticed on one of the prize versions all 3 of the lower pylons are wobbly to the point if you move it they will pop off. The other prize has this problem on one of the lower pylons. The retail version seems to be fine because I think WK glued them in place, which was not done on the Dominion War version.

I didn't notice this until recently, but I think over time there is a lot of stress on those joints. They were not that bad when I first got them at the end of the Dominion war. I noticed someone else have this problem in a video online. Has anyone else had this happen and if so what did you do to solve it. I was thinking of super gluing them, or using plastic glue and just have them on permanently. I don't have an issue with gluing them on, just wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people I know that got the prize version simply glued the pylons on. it is not like you are taking the thing apart and putting it together regularly (if you are, that might be why they are loose).

The retail one comes with them already glued on anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I don't take them apart. They stay on display on the shelf when not being used. The pegs on the model are not that great so I think the pressure of the docking ring weighing down on the pylons loosens them up.

I think I will just glue them, as you say the retail one is glued. I kept the box and foam from the retail one so I can transport them safely to an event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
My prize DS9 has the same issue really. I'd glue it like everyone else, but it's more convenient to be able to take it apart when traveling with it. I usually use that model and the cards from the retail version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definitely leaning towards gluing the pylons in place. I like the paint job better on the prize so I usually use that one when I play it at stores. For transportation I kept the box and foam from the retail pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.