Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Kosak
Croatia
Petrinja
Sisacko moslavacka zupanija
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to claim this objective does it count if I kill this GF with bombarding or it must be only from invasion battle GF vs GF?

Card sais: "I succesfully invaded one planet contaning at least 1 opposing Ground Force this turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
3D board game prints: https://www.3dhubs.com/los-angeles/hubs/martin-chino
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always allowed it as Bombardment is a part of Invasion.
You announce you are invading choose how many GF are going down and bombard first then if any are left they Fight your GF. It is still an announced invasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kosak
Croatia
Petrinja
Sisacko moslavacka zupanija
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for fast response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FRM Vicious
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
The FAQ says:

Q: Can you acquire the Objective: “I destroyed X Ground Forces” by bombarding them or using an Action card such as “Chemical Warfare”?
A: Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't remember if there was a FAQ ruling that included Mech Units, but my group has a house-rule to include them as well, since they're even tougher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C R

New York
msg tools
It all depends on whether you consider bombardment a part of invasion combat as in a previous reply. I do not because it happens before invasion combat and a GF killed by bombardment cannot return fire.

A clear definition is created when speaking of War Suns. They can bombard without a planetary invasion. Thus the War sun bombardment is not a part of the invasion.

If you consider dreadnought bombardment part of the invasion then so is war sun bombardment.

HOWEVER depending on how you read the objective there is a change.
Does the planet need to have the GF on it during invasion
OR
Could it have had a ground force on it this turn (but was killed by bombardment/etc...)

Personally I think as long as there was a ground force on the planet at the start of the turn you took the planet then you a good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.