Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beast vs Batman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Hoffman
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools

These are the two cards in question. My opponent was down to 1 Life, I was attacking with Batman (Lv 2) and Hal Jordan (Lv 1). He blocks both, using Beast to block Hal. Beasts ability tries to spin down Hal, which KO's him.

Does Batman's Retaliaton happen before Beast's life gain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CM Shuckle wrote:

These are the two cards in question. My opponent was down to 1 Life, I was attacking with Batman (Lv 2) and Hal Jordan (Lv 1). He blocks both, using Beast to block Hal. Beasts ability tries to spin down Hal, which KO's him.

Attacking player decides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CM Shuckle wrote:

No.

Beast's ability is (paraphrased): Spin down, if you can't, knock out and gain life [if burst]

You need to resolve an ability in it's entirety before starting another one. So, when Hal is blocked, Beast's entire ability must resolve:

Hal is knocked out, and your opponent gains 2 life.

Now you can trigger retaliation.

The way you are trying to do it is you start Beast's ability: You knock out Hal, then you want to stop Beast's ability for a moment, to trigger your own, but you can't resolve part of it. You resolve the whole thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.