Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Which one is correct:
a) the attacker reveals first a BC from those drawn and resolves it, then the defender does the same, or
b) the attacker reveals first, then the defender, then the chits are resolved, attacker BC first.

2. Does the definition of "attacker" and "defender" change at all during one battle, depending on who selects the next BC? This is important in regards to sequencing BC effect resolution.

3. If, say, the defender of a battle gets to retreat due to a DG cohesion check:
a) if this was as a result of his BC, does he get to execute a possible effect from the same chit for the attacker before retreating?
b) if this was as a result of his opponent's BC, does he get to pick his last BC and resolve it, or is the battle over?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. Which one is correct:
a) the attacker reveals first a BC from those drawn and resolves it, then the defender does the same, or
b) the attacker reveals first, then the defender, then the chits are resolved, attacker BC first.

a) is correct.

Anyway, I played combats where BC were kept secret until revealed. Recently another player told me that the rules do not explicitly say that -and that is true!- so he plays maintaining all BC visible for both players. I would like to know the official clarification for this.

Quote:
2. Does the definition of "attacker" and "defender" change at all during one battle, depending on who selects the next BC? This is important in regards to sequencing BC effect resolution.

No, during a battle one player is always the attacker and the other one is the defender, it does not change.

Quote:
3. If, say, the defender of a battle gets to retreat due to a DG cohesion check:
a) if this was as a result of his BC, does he get to execute a possible effect from the same chit for the attacker before retreating?
b) if this was as a result of his opponent's BC, does he get to pick his last BC and resolve it, or is the battle over?

a) Yes. ALL the effects of a played BC must be applied.

b) No, the battle is over as soon as all the units of one side retreat or are eliminated. The BC that causes that is fully applied, but no further BC is played.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentilhombre wrote:
Quote:
1. Which one is correct:

a) is correct.

Anyway, I played combats where BC were kept secret until revealed. Recently another player told me that the rules do not explicitly say that -and that is true!- so he plays maintaining all BC visible for both players. I would like to know the official clarification for this.

Yes, I also play with BC hidden to the opponent until revealed. But so many people dislike that kind of "blind spots" that we decided not to rule about it. I let it up to the players. I prefer drawing the chits face down and letting my oponent know what happened as they are revealed. It is more exciting, for me.
But If players prefer to play with chit revealed they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.