Garry Stevens
Australia
Gunghalin
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All:

"Also note that a player may only have one City (looted or not) on the map per pair of City Sites. Losing control of City Sites will not have any effect on the Cities he already has on the map."

Q1. The first sentence appears to contradict the second. Should the first read that the player may only build cities up to one city for each city site?

Possible interpretation: If I have six city sites, I can only build up to 3 cities. If I lose 3 of my empty city sites, I can keep my existing cities but build no more.

---------
"A player may, for one reason or another, want to attack Provinces controlled by his Roman Faction, his Barbarians, or any Tribe or Kingdom he controls using the Armies he is placing at the moment"

Q2. The rules are unclear as to when control of a tribe, barb or kingdom ceases. They imply that control of a kingdom ceases the instant its placement and expansion ends.

When does control or tribes, barbarians and kingdoms cease or change hands? Examples:
Q2a. Say it is the start of a new turn. I am first to move and have my first barbarian phase. Last turn I controlled tribe A. Do they still count as under my control if I attack them?

Q2b. Do my tribes and kingdoms from previous turns stay under my control indefinitely? Or do they become neutral?

Q2c. For those barbarians who appear in several turns, does a barbarian only change control if a Roman faction is awarded control in a later turn?

Perhaps to answer my own question, the simplest interpretation is this: A tribe, kingdom, or barbarian remains under the control of its original owner indefinitely. The main effect of this is keep providing VPs turn after turn. A secondary effect is to allow automatic victories.

Exception 1: A Barbarian chit draw may award control of a barbarian to another player. Exception 2: Play of the Revive card may award control of a tribe or kingdom to another player.

--------------
Q3. Control of a fort in an otherwise unoccupied province. The rules imply that a fort stays under a player's control even if no legion is present. Correct? (However, they do count towards Diocese control unless they player has all 5 provinces, and at least one legion in the province.)

Thanks for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.