51st State: Master Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Winter cards that give you points related to production phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Winter set have some cards that I don't know whether I use it correct or not. We have cards like Small Factory and Construction Site that have the next pattern:
"Production: 1 point for each (resource) you gain during Production phase. Max. 3."

What's the meaning of this, given the fact production cards and deals also produce when it's played? Here is an example:

I produce 1 gear in Production phase, and later I play a production card that produces a gear and a deal that gives me another gear. If I play now Small Factory, how many points I get at this moment, 1 or 3? I know that I'll get 3 points the next round, but my doubt is the number of points you get when you play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
The Winter set have some cards that I don't know whether I use it correct or not. We have cards like Small Factory and Construction Site that have the next pattern:
"Production: 1 point for each (resource) you gain during Production phase. Max. 3."

What's the meaning of this, given the fact production cards and deals also produce when it's played? Here is an example:

I produce 1 gear in Production phase, and later I play a production card that produces a gear and a deal that gives me another gear. If I play now Small Factory, how many points I get at this moment, 1 or 3? I know that I'll get 3 points the next round, but my doubt is the number of points you get when you play it.

I've seen this question somewhere on the forums before. The general agreement, I think, was that you get points according to the production at the point you play the card. Otherwise you'd have to keep track of what you had at the beginning of the turn or what you'd play afterwards which will make for some pretty bad situations (wait, did I play this building this round or last...?). So in your example, 3 points it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I originally posted that I think it's zero points, because this only occurs during the actual production phase. I found something in the Ruins expansion rules that backs me up. There's several cards like this:

Iron Harbor - for every 3 Resources of any type acquired during the Production Phase, the player receives 1 Victory Point.

Unlike other Locations with Production Rules, the above Locations don’t bring the produced Profits at the moment of those Card’s Incorporation.

Now who knows if this changed with the Master set, but I suspect it did not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not sure, but since it was in the Ruins rulebook but there's not even a hint at anything like this in the Master Set rulebook, it could just be due to them having streamlined things a bit. I agree a clarification/FAQ from Portal would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Alexander,

Are these two cards Features or Production cards? If a Feature, my interpretation would be that you get the benefit only during subsequent Production Phases. The wording "gain" rather than "gained" suggests to me that it's for each "resource" you get during a subsequent Production Phase. Again, just my view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.