GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 131.74
48.7% of Goal | left
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
The rancher's Sharpshooter ability reads "Any time you kill an Enemy with a Gun, you may immediately do D6 damage to another Enemy in one of the three spaces behind it".
Does a kill from that D6 damage count as coming from the Rancher's gun, and give her another extra shot for "Rapid Shot"?
(Rapid Shot reads "Anytime you kill an enemy with a *2hand* Gun, you immediately gain +1 shot with that Gun").
(a related question: Somewhere we read that Rapid Shot has been limited to +3 shots. Can anyone link me to the official errata that came from?)
- Last edited Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:10 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:36 pm
Here is the errata
At the GAMA Tradeshow right now, but stole enough time away to pop in here. There are currently 3 official errata coming down the line for core set heroes.
- Saloon Girl Comforting Presence should say, "At the end of the turn..." rather than at the end of the 'Hero turn'. This was a terminology change that slipped through.
- Rancher Rapid Shot ability is now limited to a max of +3 extra Shots per turn.
- Gunslinger Quickdraw Ability got a bit of an overhaul to keep the thematic flavor but tone it down a bit and make it easier to use/understand. The old version is gone and the new version should read, "In the first turn of a Fight, you are Initiative 10 and gain +1 Shot with a <single hand> Gun".
There is one other card Errata that can have an impact on things. The Trusty Pistol is meant to have a 'Frontier Heroes Only' tag on it. This also slipped through on the version that went to print. The upcoming Drifter Hero Class starts with a Trusty Pistol, and the Starting Gear version that comes with him has this correction on it.
Hope that helps. Happy Gaming!
Yes. We always play that it does as the damage comes from the gun and the dice rolls were initiated with the rancher only attacking with her 2H gun. Now combined with a shotgun this makes the rancher ridiculous at clearing lower level monsters that are grouped and stacked, but that is her/his strong point after all.
No. It doesn't count as coming from the Gun, from a mechanics perspective. This means that it won't trigger Rapid Reload.
I know this because the Gunslinger version of this ability says "... D6 Damage with the same Gun..." and the Rancher's does not. However, Jason told me that that too is an error (because it leads to craziness with Guns like the Plasma Arc) and that both abilities should just read as doing D6 regular Damage. The source of the damage is the ability itself, rather than the weapon that triggered it.